MSE TicketySplit app discussion

Comments

• Hi matth1j,

Thanks for the feedback; I've adjusted the font colour to improve readability.

Just use the mobile version - we've built it to render on as many browsers as possible.

Thanks,
    MSE Adam
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    One minor niggle - and it may be a feature rather than a fault - is that I can only look up tickets from now (well the current hour so 0900 actually) until 2359 tonight

For tomorrow I have to assume things are the same as today. OK normally in the week, but not reliable at weekends.
  • pwharley
    pwharley Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I support badgeraudio with a request for station Three Letter Codes (TLCs) to be accepted (in addition to the full name).

Anything that reduces the amount of typing would be welcome.

A great development BTW. Look forward to an Android app...
  • To view the app on Android/any smart phone, simply go to the URL:

http://splitticket.moneysavingexpert.com

Thanks,
    MSE Adam
  • Could do with multiple splits.

I have been splitting a long time and I find it great for savings. I am very pleased that there is no an app to "help" with splitting. I know it is early days, and I look forward to it doing returns and advances. I think it will be an excellent tool which I would certainly pay for to download to my Android (hint hint :) ). ..........However it should only be a guidline. I just tried it out to see what I could come up with for a single from Aberdeen to York £118.50 standard, suggests splitting in Edinburgh saving £13.80 (£104.70). Thats great. However spliting the split (ie Aberdeen to Edinburgh, then Edinburgh to York) I get Aberdeen - Montrose - Edinburgh at £35.26, then Edinburgh - Newcastle -York at £60.80 making it a total of £96.06, by spliting the splits I saved £22.04. I tried splitting the splitted split (get me?) but there was nothing cheaper between Aberdeen-montrose, montrose-edinburgh, edinburgh-newcastle, newcastle-york.

Please could you develop the app to take in to account multiple splits as this could help people save even more.

Also I wanted to have a look at how it handles a journey from Aberdeen to London, but seeing that that journey can not be completed today, the app gave me no results and does not offer me the option for searching for the equivelent tomorrow morning. (BTW for those interested York-Newark-London is the suggested split saving £15.60 and Newcastle -Doncaster-London saves £32.20). Tomorrow function would be good as often although advance tickets are sometimes available until 1800, they very rarely are.

A good start, and a useful helper, I am sure it will blossom in to something beautiful.
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Oh that's nice. You make a money-saving app for the most expensive phone on the market first?

I'm sick of using mobile sites; unless and until there's an Android app for this I won't be using it.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Trialia wrote: »
    Oh that's nice. You make a money-saving app for the most expensive phone on the market first?

I'm sick of using mobile sites; unless and until there's an Android app for this I won't be using it.
    Trialia, please remember that you do not have to use it.
    Also worth noting that no-one will mind if you don't use it.
  • twojags_2
    twojags_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    This feature sounds really useful but what about he millions of people who don't happen to have iPhones, Android Phones, or Mobiles? Is there any means of accessing the software from a plain old PC?
    Regards

Mark
  • Mark,

Simply access the web app using your normal desktop browser - http://splitticket.moneysavingexpert.com

Thanks,
    Adam
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It says Reading to Redhill is not a valid route. However it's served non-stop by the Reading-Gatwick train, every half-an-hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure