:money:
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    IrishMarco wrote: »
    Check out Belfastforlife.com

Why?

Its a front for Abacus Recruitment to drive traffic to their job pages.

This seems an awful lot like SPAM to me.....
  • The basic element students must know to b acquainted with a discipline or solve problems in it.

If you’re looking for a job, the interview aspect is probably the most nerve-wracking aspect of the search. Bombing an interview means losing out on an opportunity that was within your grasp but slipped through your fingers at the last moment. And while most people focus on dressing well and being charismatic, the importance of pre-interview research is often ओवरलोकेड.

Companies aren’t just looking for another grunt worker to add to their team – they want someone who’s excited, motivated, and eager to contribute to said company’s mission. You aren’t the only one interviewing, so if it comes down to two candidates where one has researched and the other hasn’t, you can be sure they’ll go with the former.

Pre-interview company research will be worth your while. Here’s where you can look and what you should be looking for.
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    RikM wrote: »
    For anything else to be true, they would really have to trust the agent to have their best interests at heart.
    I've never met an agent I would credit that way.

In the interest of fairness I have to come back on what I said in response to what I said earlier. In October I had a couple of interviews for a job but was pipped at the post for it by another person, so I put it out of my mind and moved on. On Monday I got a call from the recruitment agent for that job, they phoned to inform me that the job the guy that got it was now being advertised but not by them and that it would fit with what I was looking for (that guy is moving sideways). They then gave me his number so I could have a chat with him even though his employer is using a different recruitment firm and there is no money in it for them for me to apply or get it.

I am not naive enough to think they truly care about me, they see an opportunity to get someone in there who will view them favourably for future recruitment plus they make it more likely I will speak to them if/when I want another move, but on this occasion they have done something beneficial to me and no benefit to themselves. I am equally shocked and delighted (and will be more delighted if I get the job of course!)
  • guiriman wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness I have to come back on what I said in response to what I said earlier. In October I had a couple of interviews for a job but was pipped at the post for it by another person, so I put it out of my mind and moved on. On Monday I got a call from the recruitment agent for that job, they phoned to inform me that the job the guy that got it was now being advertised but not by them and that it would fit with what I was looking for (that guy is moving sideways). They then gave me his number so I could have a chat with him even though his employer is using a different recruitment firm and there is no money in it for them for me to apply or get it.

I am not naive enough to think they truly care about me, they see an opportunity to get someone in there who will view them favourably for future recruitment plus they make it more likely I will speak to them if/when I want another move, but on this occasion they have done something beneficial to me and no benefit to themselves. I am equally shocked and delighted (and will be more delighted if I get the job of course!)

If the agency that you originally dealt with, introduced you to the company within a certain time frame e.g. the last 6 months, they can lay claim for the commission despite it being advertised elsewhere, so effectively getting the money and doing over one of their competitors at the same time
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    blinkmck wrote: »
    If the agency that you originally dealt with, introduced you to the company within a certain time frame e.g. the last 6 months, they can lay claim for the commission despite it being advertised elsewhere, so effectively getting the money and doing over one of their competitors at the same time

Yes, but they haven't. They've just put me directly in touch with the guy who's moving on and he's directed me to the recruiter. From the employer and recruiter point of view I'm an independent citizen interested in the role.
  • If you are going to work as recruitment agent try to care about the worker. Imagine yourself in their place and how would like to be treated.

I have a very bad experience with Bespoke Recruitment. Promised job for at least 3 months caused me to relocate. Job taken away after 3 weeks along with all other new staff employed at same time as ne.
    They had bad communication, no proper wage slips.
    Lied about lots of things.
    wrongfully deducted money from my account.
    Too many negatives to list. And they didnt care at all and were even insulting. They treat people like trash.
    I guess thats why Bespoke is only a small less important recruitment agency.
    I dont know whether I should blame the whole bespoke organisation or just the local wolverhampton office? Should I blame their director Ian Taylor since he was the boss of local branch and is responsible? Yet all the staff at Bespoke were not up to a good standard.
    Bespoke were allied in same office with blueglobal and national travel, probably same company with different names and they all behaved negatively.
    I know that Argos uses Bespoke, and I think it reflects badly upon Argos to use such a negative recruitment agency.
    Anyway just wanted to say beware of Bespoke, Blueglobal and National Travel. Try to avoid such negative companies. There arè lots of better recruitment agencies.

Try to be a better recruiter!!
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    If you are going to work as recruitment agent try to care about the worker. Imagine yourself in their place and how would like to be treated.

They wont - because the employer pays the fee, not the employee.

Ultimately these people are your BFF when they think you are a right fit for the job role and then drop you like a hot potato when it doesnt work out and they move on to the next target

Thats the way it works, sadly. They're not in it to get you a job, they're in it to get the employer an employee.
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    If you are going to work as recruitment agent try to care about the worker. Imagine yourself in their place and how would like to be treated.

I have a very bad experience with Bespoke Recruitment. Promised job for at least 3 months caused me to relocate. Job taken away after 3 weeks along with all other new staff employed at same time as ne.
    Too many negatives to list. And they didnt care at all and were even insulting. They treat people like trash.
    I dont know whether I should blame the whole bespoke organisation or just the local wolverhampton office? Should I blame their director Ian Taylor since he was the boss of local branch and is responsible? Yet all the staff at Bespoke were not up to a good standard.
    Bespoke were allied in same office with blueglobal and national travel, probably same company with different names and they all behaved negatively.
    I know that Argos uses Bespoke, and I think it reflects badly upon Argos to use such a negative recruitment agency.
    Anyway just wanted to say beware of Bespoke, Blueglobal and National Travel. Try to avoid such negative companies. There arè lots of better recruitment agencies.

Try to be a better recruiter!!

I'd have an awful lot more respect for your opinion if either :-

(a) you hadnt created an account just to slag off Bespoke (and thus protect your own account) OR
    (b) you had otherwise been contributing to the forums rather than just coming on here to slag off an organisation based on your own particular subjective experience.

On the face of it, you took on a temporary job role, and made life changing decisions based on a TEMP role. Circumstances changed with Bespoke and unfortunately Bespoke reacted accordingly.
  • They just wanted to get as much money out of people for as little effort. Thats how Bespoke operated. They didn't care much about cvs or training anybody. They just used people in a disposable temporary way.
    Choosing a good recruitment agency probably the most important thing as they can all operate differently.
    Bespoke are the worst recruitment agency Ive experienced. Beware of them!
    Promised job for at least 3 months caused me to relocate. Job taken away after 3 weeks along with all other new staff employed at same time as me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure