eBay - Non receipt of goods

Options
2»

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    Ebay keep sending me automated (or cut and paste) replies. My case is 'closed' and they aren't reading my emails.

You may need to ring to appeal, ask them to open an appeal based on an incorrect delivery.

Ask them for a link to upload the evidence.
  • Chilternflyer
    Options
    The tracking status doesn't usually update, so it may not be a case of Yodel lying to you.....

The issue is, your seller can see the tracking (which says delivered) and you are telling the seller it isn't.

Now the case is closed, drop the seller an email/ebay message with the screenshot/transcript from Yodel showing the item is lost and they will allow them to claim. The seller (if they are half decent) should do this. But you are at their mercy.

How did you fund the Paypal payment - specifically.

I did that a week ago when I told them that the way is clear to make a claim.
    I thought it had gone though paypal. I have a receipt from paypal but no transaction. It also doesn't appear on my paypal account. :(
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    I did that a week ago when I told them that the way is clear to make a claim.
    I thought it had gone though paypal. I have a receipt from paypal but no transaction. It also doesn't appear on my paypal account. :(

Did you pay as a "guest" on Paypal? If so it won't show on your account.

My question was, how did you fund the Paypal payment? Some card companies/banks will allow a chargeback. You could try that route.

Failing that, (and after a further nudge to the seller with the info you have) you will need to send them an LBA (google Letter Before Action) and follow up (if needs be) with a MCOL.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did you buy it from a business seller?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Chilternflyer
    Options
    Did you pay as a "guest" on Paypal? If so it won't show on your account.

My question was, how did you fund the Paypal payment? Some card companies/banks will allow a chargeback. You could try that route.

Failing that, (and after a further nudge to the seller with the info you have) you will need to send them an LBA (google Letter Before Action) and follow up (if needs be) with a MCOL.

From what I remember, I paid for it the same way as I do with all of my eBay purchases. That's why I'm a bit puzzled about why I've received an email with a paypal receipt and not a paypal transaction. it was founded direct from my bank account. so that won't help me.
    Thanks for the tip on the LBA.
  • Chilternflyer
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    Did you buy it from a business seller?
    Yes it was a business seller. Unfortunately they are a Chinese company with a business registered in the UK. They had thousands transactions with good feedback so it seemed a safe bet to buy from them.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Yes it was a business seller. Unfortunately they are a Chinese company with a business registered in the UK. They had thousands transactions with good feedback so it seemed a safe bet to buy from them.

That's a shame as my suggestion of LBA and further action won't work then either.

Your only hope it to convince eBay to appeal the decision. You will need to convince them the item hasn't been delivered and that the carrier confirms this (telling them the path is open to make a claim won't be understood by them).

As for Paypal, if you manage to open a case there (and it sounds like you paid as a guest) you will have to ring them to open it, but it will go the same way. The only hope is that any appeal you make will be better listened to.
  • Chilternflyer
    Chilternflyer Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 1:46PM
    Options
    That's a shame as my suggestion of LBA and further action won't work then either.

Your only hope it to convince eBay to appeal the decision. You will need to convince them the item hasn't been delivered and that the carrier confirms this (telling them the path is open to make a claim won't be understood by them).

As for Paypal, if you manage to open a case there (and it sounds like you paid as a guest) you will have to ring them to open it, but it will go the same way. The only hope is that any appeal you make will be better listened to.

Thanks for your advice.
    I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to eBay and then to PayPal. All very nice people. PayPal said that they will open a case and investigate it. I offered them evidence from YODEL saying that the parcel was lost and that the seller should make a claim. My PayPal claim was opened on the phone and promptly closed by the time I'd checked my email!

Lesson learned on this one: Don't trust YODEL, Ebay or PayPal to do the right thing. The morals of these people are unbelievable. Once they have your money they aren't interested in helping anyone other than themselves. :(
    I'm now £180 poorer this Christmas. ('turds)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure