Telecoms credit reclaiming. Guide discussion

Comments

• stampede
    stampede Posts: 240 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2014 at 1:54PM
    I had credit with Vodafone & whilst I had a few knock backs from their Customer care team, I finally managed to get over £50 back!!:T:T:T
  • I was with AOL until recently, for both landline and broadband. I contacted them today to see if i had any outstanding credit.....75p outstanding i was told! Anyway, the lady on the phone couldnt transfer it for wharever reason.....i hadn't closed my direct debit at the bank, so it wasn't my fault....so after speaking with her manager, they tried to credit me with £1.75 and this succeeded, the eztra £1 was mine "for the inconvenience" Result.....thanks AOL!!
  • xamberangel
    xamberangel Posts: 25 Forumite
    I have been with BT for years but the prices seemed to go up and up and benefits less and less. Only new customers getting good deals.
    I complained with no result so switched 2 months before my contract ended,
    I didn't mind I had to pay for that, but I had payed my Line Rental up to May 2015 and they wouldn't even refund part of that.
    Is this legal>
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    This is the discussion thread for the following guide:

Telecoms credit reclaiming

Please add any comments below.
  • Sent an email to TalkTalk via a link in the accounts section of their website. Received a reply within 36 hours offering a refund of my credit. Have supplied mailing address to them and am now awaiting a cheque. I'm one of those old-fashioned customers who always paid upfront and assumed they would refund any credit to me, automatically, upon closure of account. Am now urging family and friends to check their records.
  • I have contacted talk talk after reading about reclaiming many owed.
    Talk talk have said they have a refund of £55 for me but will not issue it as I can not confirm the email address I had with them! As this was one of the questions they asked.
    I have old bills and account numbers for both the account and broadband I had with them and also written an email @ talktalk.net but they state this isn't correct.
    Does anyone know of a way I can proceed with this to claim the refund?
  • ka5h
    ka5h Posts: 1 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi martin,

i switched to ee through your link unbeatable deal giving away £95 amazon voucher.
    Now my problem is that i gave notice to 3g on 28 may and i used puc code start using my ee sim but my bill with 3g update 8th of every month so they will charge me for unused allowance at end of 30 days as my one is monthly and direct debit.
    So can advice me how i can claim for my money for unused allowance for the month i haven't used their service.

Thanks
  • Beware: Orange/EE do not pay back money credited to a PAYG account (as opposed to a monthly plan) even if you close it formally via PAC and transfer to a different provider. They will only transfer any credit to another EE/Orange account. If you do not have such an account or cannot use someone else's, they just brazenly steal the money. I think this is unfair, dishonest and counts as theft. It should not be allowed (maybe it isn't allowed??).

I tried reclaiming around £12 from Orange (EE) after closing my PAYG account & migrating to Family Mobile.I wrestled with unspeakably awful & unhelpful 'help' menus, any staff I contacted could not do anything as the account was closed (rather the whole point duh!) and so forth. Eventually, I filed a complaint for which there was a form on line (non-obvious, filed under Customer Relations).

That got me a phone call from a real human who could actually do something off the standard script. (wow!) She explained they did not refund on PAYG (not a proper credit but 'time' or something of the kind). Seems like a credit to me regardless of the exact contract. However, I could transfer the credit to another EE/Orange account - even a lowly PAYG one, just

So we got it transferred into my husband's Orange account which is better than losing it.
  • FAMILY MOBILE have been taken over by Timico. Timico are stopping the mobile phone service - and yet say they will not refund unused credit. How can they stop a service and hold on to the money paid in advance by customers?
  • tonyb007
    tonyb007 Posts: 31 Forumite
    I too have credit on PAYG and Timico say they'll not refund unused credit but either use it up or switch to one of their business packages!

Surely this can't be legal??
  • S_t_e_v_e
    S_t_e_v_e Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kidnormal wrote: »
    FAMILY MOBILE have been taken over by Timico. Timico are stopping the mobile phone service - and yet say they will not refund unused credit. How can they stop a service and hold on to the money paid in advance by customers?

The email I just got with my PAC codes said:

"after the Coms Mobile service is closed on 31st August we will publish details of how to apply to Timico for any outstanding balance to be credited back to you."

So maybe they have changed their minds.
    Steve
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family