Making money from doing online surveys

Options
Hi, is it possible to make a living from doing those online surveys, say if I did 8 hours per day?

Appreciate any answers.

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nope. Not in my opinion.
    The time taken to do them works out as far less than minimum wage.
    You also have to consider whether your particular demographic is one that is needed without being screened out of half the surveys you enter. And I doubt you'd be eligible for enough surveys to do 8 hours a day for any length of time.
    And many of them pay vouchers rather than cash.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're not going to earn a living, no. Beer/pocket money? Yes.

I generally spend several hours a day across several survey sites and in a good month I can do £50-75 a month in PayPal/vouchers. As elsien said, it certainly isn't minimum wage, and it's definitely not consistent.

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• DanPaul
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll have to think of something else.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Theoretically, it's possible to make a living doing online surveys, depending on your living costs i.e. whether you own your own home, whether you own a car, whether you have children, and what your demographic is.

However, for most people, it isn't feasible because there are only a few survey sites that pay at least the equivalent of the minimum wage and there are only so many surveys available.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think at most you could probably earn aroun £200 per month from surveys by trying it full time. You could probably earn another £200 from mystery shopping - maybe more if you can find the right jobs.
    I think you would struggle to make a full time wage though.
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    The trouble with surveys is they often don`t accept you, so you can waste a lot of of time.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's more the issue of being screened out of so many and having enough to fill the time. You could certainly make a good amount but it would be very time consuming. You'd be better off joining a good panel and doing it on the side, then using your time for something more lucrative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure