Vodafone default - not my fault - how to remove? *RESOLVED*

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Lee,

I've got your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jamiem1_2
    Jamiem1_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I also have a default on my credit file from vodafone, only noticed this recently and it's from 2 years ago! Due to i ordered an upgrade amd they didn't have it in stock, so i cancelled it and thought that was the end of it, but little did i know that somehow i owe then nearly £400 for something i never received!! I also paid money towards the handset and never got that back either!!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2014 at 9:15AM
    Options
    Jamiem1 wrote: »
    ....somehow i owe then nearly £400 for something i never received!!
    You owe for the original contract that was going on as it required notice to cancel.
    I also paid money towards the handset and never got that back either!!
    I guess this money just reduced the amount you owe.

Vodafone are notorious for their laziness when it comes to simply contacting a customer that fell behind with payments and arrogantly trashing their credit history instead without any checks.
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    The original cintract was cancelled, i was send a new sim as i had the iphone 3gs that was a normal sim and was upgrading to the iphone 4s which is micro sim, at first they told me it wasn't in stock, now they are saying i owed money that's why i never received it, which is a lie! So i asked for statements from vodafone and checked it with my bank statements, they don't match up! Clearly somebody elses statements! I have proof of ordering the handset and proof of cancelation. Vodafone are an absolute joke!!
  • grumbler
    Options
    I agree, they are a joke, but 'upgrading' means extending the original contract and the original number. A new smaller sim most likely was for the same number. If you cancel the upgrade you get back to the original contract.
    What proof of cancellation do you have?
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    I have an email that they sent when i cancelled it, if they are saying that I was in arrears with the account that is the reason for not upgrading the handset then, why did they send me and email confirming the upgrade was accepted? They are obviously lying!
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    Also may I add that I waited for a month on the upgrade, but during that time Vodafone had offered my a larger Gb handset instead as they had them in stock, if I knew this was going to happen I would have went ahead and taken it.
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    And I also stated on the telephone to Vodafone that I was cancelling the whole lot not just the upgrade, as I then changed to O2
  • grumbler
    Options
    Sorry, but what you say makes very little sense to me, and you have not clarified what exactly was cancelled that you have a proof of.

If the upgraded was cancelled (because the phone was OOS), no way does this mean that the original contract was cancelled.
  • Jamiem1_2
    Options
    When I contacted Vodafone I told them to cancel the full lot as I would not longer require their service, as I had changed to o2, the old sim was cut off, and I never received any other sim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure