Vodafone complaints

Over the last 6 months had some serious problems with Vodafone and each time it's been like we don't care as you can't do much about it and we can't be bothered (!).

Had enough now and time for a lengthy letter of complaint detailing all my 'issues' but rather then send this to the generic customer address anyone got the details for the director?

I remember someone once posting details of a website that has all the addresses and e-mails of senior bods at companies but can't find it now.

TIA.
2p off is still 2p off!

ARE YOU A HAPPY VODAFONE CUSTOMER OR COULD DO MORE 12 votes

EXCELLENT
8% 1 vote
GOOD
8% 1 vote
AVERAGE
0% 0 votes
POOR
25% 3 votes
TERRIBLE
58% 7 votes

Comments

• xFlake
    xFlake Posts: 85
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A few months back I had a dispute with Voda three months on the trot.
    1. First they knock me off my tariff 'by accident' and I cannot be put back on it because it no longer exist (I had unlimited text messages), so as a consolation they gave me 1,000 text messages a month, ok I guess but I would have rather had my unlimited text messages back.
    2. Second they seem to have forgotten to credit my account with the 1,000 text messages and I get charged for almost 900 text messages :T well done Vodafone :mad: as a consolation this time they wiped all charged (yes, even my line rental) ok that's a little better.
    3. The third month saw them do the same thing, forget to credit my account with the text messages, this time they wiped the text message charge, but that's it.

I've had no problems since and this was almost 6 months ago.

I'm close to month 12 of my 18 month contract, cannot wait to go back to Orange, the only reason I changed was because of the unlimited text messages which I no long have because of a !!!! up.

If I'm going to give a little respect to Voda they did seem to act quickly when the !!!! ups were made. I used the online email form, didn't even have to speak to anyone, worked like a charm, still leaving when my contracts up though :d

Here's the link
    https://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Page_BOS_ContactUsForm&pageID=AV_0059
  • Sent an email to the CEO, fingers crossed, said I'll escalate it to Oftel if nothing is done, I had a load of hassle beginning of the year, will leave whenever this is sorted regardless of what they do as well.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    SMH wrote:
    A few months back I had a dispute with Voda three months on the trot.
    1. First they knock me off my tariff 'by accident' and I cannot be put back on it because it no longer exist (I had unlimited text messages), so as a consolation they gave me 1,000 text messages a month, ok I guess but I would have rather had my unlimited text messages back.
    2. Second they seem to have forgotten to credit my account with the 1,000 text messages and I get charged for almost 900 text messages :T well done Vodafone :mad: as a consolation this time they wiped all charged (yes, even my line rental) ok that's a little better.
    3. The third month saw them do the same thing, forget to credit my account with the text messages, this time they wiped the text message charge, but that's it.
    I've had no problems since and this was almost 6 months ago.

I'm close to month 12 of my 18 month contract, cannot wait to go back to Orange, the only reason I changed was because of the unlimited text messages which I no long have because of a !!!! up.

If I'm going to give a little respect to Voda they did seem to act quickly when the !!!! ups were made. I used the online email form, didn't even have to speak to anyone, worked like a charm, still leaving when my contracts up though :d

Here's the link
    https://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Page_BOS_ContactUsForm&pageID=AV_0059

irony of it orange does unlimited texting now on the dolphin 35
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Had a phone call from the CEO office yesterday acknowledging the receipt of my e-mail and that someone from Vodafone will be in touch soon to resolve the issue. Fingers crossed...
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Slight update if anyone is interested, they've put me back onto a 12 month contract and are calling me back on Monday to discuss available tariffs to switch to for the final 6 months.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm so mad at Vodafone right now. My son wrote to cancel his contract with Vodafone back in June. You have to give 30 days notice, so it would mean his contract ended in July. He paid what he thought was his final bill in August and then he cancelled his direct debit at his bank.

Unfortunately, he still had less than a month of contract left to run when he cancelled it, so he got a final bill in for £29.11 in September.

He doesn't have a chequebook, so he gave me money and I wrote and posted off a cheque on 4th October. I wrote his details and account number on the back of the cheque. The cheque was cashed on 10th October.

On the 31st of October he got a final reminder for the £29.11. I phoned (he works offshore so he gets me to open all his mail incase anything needs to be dealt with in his fortnight away). I spoke to a lovely lady who asked me the number of the cheque i'd sent. They couldn't find any trace of the cheque. She said it must have been cashed my another department so she would send an e-mail to find out who had cashed it.

Today he received a letter from a debt collection agency for the £29.11. This was sent out 10 days after I had spoken to Vodafone. I phoned Vodafone this morning. I was told that an e-mail had been sent to the other department and they had been supposed to have cleared the account. Because it's Saturday the person who deals with this wasn't in. She says it will have to wait until Monday.

The letter from the debt agency says that he must either contact them or pay the outstanding amount by the 22nd of November or he will be taken to court or have a debt collection officer come round. My son won't be home until the 24th. I phoned them and explained about the cheque having been cashed and Vodafone having lost it. He says he would put a 30 day extension on it.

I'm so mad at them. I'm going to the bank on Monday to get a copy of the cheque, which might take up to a week to get. I don't want my son's credit rating to be affected by this. I think i'll write to that address that the OP has posted.
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks. :)
  • Had another conversation with them today, been put on Vodafone stop the clock, given more texts and paying less line rental! Can't be bad. Pretty pleased but of course if I don't get a good upgrade offer in 6 months I'm going to up and leave...
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Working for Vodafone I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've been having, though I'm glad that 'fatboyonadiet' and 'SMH' appear to have resolved their difficulties.

jackieb, I hope our Collections team can get your situation sorted out too, however if you do require any further support I'd recommend using our email department (as mentioned by 'SMH'). You can contact them by going to https://www.vodafone.co.uk, selecting 'contact us' then 'email'. Also, if you leave the short code FIT135 in your email this will allow it to be picked up by somebody who'll be able to deal with your request once it reaches customer services.
  • I have been a customer with Vodafone since summer 2006 (I need to double check the exact date) and here is the list of problems I have faced from the start:

1. I was told by the Bath store Manager Michael (I am sorry I do not know his last name) that I was getting a great student deal and to make it even better he would include free WAP browsing and a sort of "Get out of Contract" option, which would normally cost £10 extra. This meant that as long as the phone was still in good condition I could return it to the store and cancel the contract at any time and not be tied in for 12 months. I browsed the web and to my astonishment my bill came to a huge amount in the first couple of months. I went into the store, the manager apologised and said that what he meant to say was that it was only the Vodafone Live menu that was free to browse and not the whole of the Web and added some credit to my account.

2. Three months later I saw I was being charged for a service which allowed me to play videos on my phone. I did not asked for this services, nor was I notified that it was going to be added to my package. Once again I went into the store to be told by the manager that the services is free for the first three months, after which you have to manually cancel it. I pointed out that I did not ask for this services and he had not told me about it, he once again apologised. At this point I cannot remember if he added some money to my account.

3. I decided to try the online billing system in an attempt to be more environmentally friendly. This did not work so I rang Vodafone to ask that they start to send me paper bills once again. The lady on the phone assured me that this was done yet I had not received a bill for quite a few months. My only reference to how much I was being charged was my monthly bank statement. I noticed that I seemed to be paying a huge amount which was not justified, so I rang once again and asked to received my bills. Once again, I was assured this was changed on the system and I would begin receiving my bills.

4. I had lost my phone late December 2007 and I was due an upgrade at this point, so I visited the Vodafone store in Liverpool Street station in London. I received a new phone and the store attendant (whose name I can get you as it is on that contract) promised that I would begin receiving bills. I upgraded my contract as I felt I could save some money by getting more minutes and texts. he asked me if I wanted to purchase insurance for the phone, to which I gave him a categorical NO...

5. However, my bills remain just as high. A few months later I still had not received a SINGLE bill from Vodafone and I saw on my bank statement that I was paying in excess of £50, sometimes £60 per month. I rang Vodafone feeling quite cheated and angry as you can imagine. I asked the lady how she could justify me having to pay such huge amounts when I already pay £35 for my plan which included many more minutes and texts than I actually use. She alerted me to the fact that I was also paying £6.95 for insurance, which I specifically said I did not want! She also alerted me to a text service which was amounting to about £4 per week. I fell victim to a texting scam, which is now sorted out, but because I had not received a single bill form Vodafone I did not catch this as early as I could have done. I am sure you can understand at this point I was at the end of my patience with Vodafone and wanted to leave the services, so I asked the lady on the phone if I can use my get our of contract option, which was included in the package when I first received my phone. She told me I could not do that and that I was tied in until Aug 2008 and further to that she did not know anything about the option, had never heard anything like it and advised for me to go back to the original store to sort this out. I asked to her to send me backdated copies of all my bills, she said she could not do that and can only go back 3 months. I said that that will have to do and can she make sure that from that point onwards I begin to received paper bills through the post. She assured me, as everyone else before her, that this would be done.

6. To this day I have not received a single bill, I am still being charged for insurance I did not ask for and my bills are still exceeding £50 per months and I have no idea why because I have NOT SEEN A SINGLE BILL!!!!!!

I have written to the excutive, let's see what reply I get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure