We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just quoting purchase required posts into this thread, to help clarify the issue,

me, I'm :confused:
    Al_Mac wrote: »
    I've asked abuse for clarification.

A competition with a spend exceeding £1.50, if you can find a receipt. Seems like a good reason for many more competitions to be posted.
    kohsamui14 wrote: »
    I must confess to finding 3 discarded till receipts over £20 spend in trolleys at the weekend. Almost came home with the trolleys as my arm got caught!
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi guys

We're going to allow this one. As weeowen67 says, it's entirely possible people may already be planning on spending in a Lidl supermarket anyway, in which case this is a useful heads up.

Andrea :)
    Al_Mac wrote: »
    But on this thread, she said

So saying purchase comps are allowed, as you may be planning on buying it anyway.

Sky/RAC type comps, I don't consider an issue, as I don't get told about them, except on here.
    Amilucky? wrote: »
    I still think that the main comps board should be for free to enter comps only

I'm not against purchase necessary comps but if they are to be allowed then I think that they should be in a thread on there own,

I just wish the BG's and the MSE hierarchy would make there minds up! as to what is and is not allowed MSE Andrea has in my opinion further muddied the waters and just made things more complicated :rolleyes:

I think I will have to join you Al on the BG's naughty step for the rest of the evening :rotfl:
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,790
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 7 July 2009 at 11:10PM
    Mamzie wrote: »
    Just quoting purchase required posts into this thread, to help clarify the issue,

me, I'm :confused:

Thanks for trying to clarify the issue Mamzie I myself am bamboozled by the mixed messages being sent out by the BG's and the MSE hierarchy

if they themselves cannot follow there own rules then god help us! I posted the Lidle comp only to be told that someone had already posted the comp and it had been deleted,my post was also deleted by a BG as they said that it broke the rules! even though I pointed out that there was a NPN route to the comp where you could visit the store and pick up a discarded till receipt to enter :rolleyes:

then it was posted by weeowen67 again and MSE Andrea said

"We're going to allow this one. As weeowen67 says, it's entirely possible people may already be planning on spending in a Lidl supermarket anyway, in which case this is a useful heads up."

what kind of an answer is this as it is quite possible that you could be planning on buying a car,a speedboat or even a private jet with a competition attached would they say these post's where a useful heads up or would they just delete them

I personally think that they would do the latter

I also think that the BG's and the MSE hierarchy should ask MSE Martin himself to clarify the issue as I feel that his wishes when he first instigated the comps board are not being implemented

Kind Regards
    Amilucky? (who is still sat on the naughty step!)
  • ami1975
    ami1975 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Personally I think there should just be another thread of purchase req'd comps. If you don't want to enter, just ignore them. I do that with the majority of text comps just because I dont want to pay to enter, BUT I also like them being posted just to see all the options out there.

Same thing with the lidl comps or anything else purchase req'd. If I'm going to shop anyway and I see the option of winning 20K then knowing about the comp in the first place gives me the OPTION of going there or buying that product.

Just my two cents worth :)
    Lots of luck to everyone! Hope good wins come your way!
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just wish that we could have a discussion or another response to clarify this issue, as I see lots of comps that could be deleted/not deleted, posted, etc, but it seems some stay, others go.

I did pm a few times, and post, but never had a response, so thought I would just collect any quotes of relevence on this thread, for future reference as needed.
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • Amilucky?
    Forumite
    Mamzie wrote: »
    I just wish that we could have a discussion or another response to clarify this issue, as I see lots of comps that could be deleted/not deleted, posted, etc, but it seems some stay, others go.

I did pm a few times, and post, but never had a response, so thought I would just collect any quotes of relevence on this thread, for future reference as needed.

The comp below was deleted at the request of the OP yesterday because they thought the comp broke MSE's rules

I'm not sure that the comp does break the rules as no one seems to know what the rules are anymore and without further clarification I guess we will never know what the rules are! :confused:

Win Dinner on the Orient Express and a night’s stay at the Ritz you have to buy rail tickets or passes to enter the comp

Best of Luck :)
  • Hi guys

I'm sorry people have been confused by this, and particularly I'm very sorry I didn't get round to replying to you before now Mamzie!

Let me explain to you why I posted in the first place.

We were getting quite a few reports of people posting competitions that required quite large spends on things or incurring extraordinary costs on obscure websites.

I'm sure you can understand it's very hard to gauge what people could ordinarily spend their money on, but the point of the Comps boards is not to encourage people to spend money they wouldn't normally just to enter a competition.

Just as in the Lidl competition, it's entirely plausible that in the recent weather people could have been buying Magnums anyway so that's fine.

Feel free to disagree though. All opinions welcome as always!

Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Amilucky?
    Forumite
    edited 10 July 2009 at 5:47PM
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm sorry people have been confused by this, and particularly I'm very sorry I didn't get round to replying to you before now Mamzie!

Let me explain to you why I posted in the first place.

We were getting quite a few reports of people posting competitions that required quite large spends on things or incurring extraordinary costs on obscure websites.

I'm sure you can understand it's very hard to gauge what people could ordinarily spend their money on, but the point of the Comps boards is not to encourage people to spend money they wouldn't normally just to enter a competition.

Just as in the Lidl competition, it's entirely plausible that in the recent weather people could have been buying Magnums anyway so that's fine.

Feel free to disagree though. All opinions welcome as always!

So what are the rules :confused: I'm still confused, are you saying that there are no set rules :confused:

me thinks that Andrea would make a very good politician as she can reply to a question without providing a proper answer :rotfl:
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,800
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    think as ami1975 said it's good to have them posted & then the individual can choose for themselves..

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Amilucky?
    Forumite
    think as ami1975 said it's good to have them posted & then the individual can choose for themselves..

Yes I agree Korky but if they are going to allow them then they should allow them all (preferably in there own thread) then nobody would have to ask about the rules

the way it is at present nobody knows what the rules are and no one is prepared to say what is acceptable and what isn't and they are just sitting on the proverbial fence :rolleyes:
  • Amilucky?
    Forumite
    I have decided that this will be my last post on this subject as to be quite frank i'm bored as im sure you all are with my rantings

and as no one from MSE towers is taking a blind bit of notice as to what people are saying in this thread it seems like a waste of time anyway :mad:

kay sera sera, whatever will be will be
    will they make a rule,
    on purchased required
    we'll just have to wait and see

bye!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts