S R J Debt Recoveries, Client: Phoenix (Littlewoods)

I received a letter today from SRJ saying that their client Phoenix has tried to contact me on numerous occasions, I have failed to correspond or to make a payment arrangement so they have found it necessary to trace for confirmation of my current residence. They have information confirming I live at the above address and providing a payment plan is in place no recovery action will be taken against me.

There is a £15 trace administration fee for SRJ and a balance of £99 to Phoenix.

I phoned SRJ and asked who Phoenix were, they said it was littlewoods. I told them it was impossible for them to warrant charging me this fee of £15 as Littlewoods know my new address which I gave them on 13th July 2007 at 13:46. They told me I would need to speak to littlewoods and make payment to them (SRJ) of £20 a week (which I cannot afford).

After speaking to littlewoods they told me they did not receive details of my new address and I would have to ring Phoenix as it had been passed onto them.
I asked littlewoods how much was owed from when I placed the order until the 13th July, they said that no charges had been incurred then so it would have just been £49 (for my order).

After trying to contact Phoenix on the number littlewoods provided there was no answer.

I feel that I should only have to pay the amount of £49 as they were notified of my change of address and have sent catalogues in my name to my new address.

Can anyone suggest how I should go about this and what my rights are (if I have any)

Thanks

Janine.

Comments

• pay the £49 and state if they want any more take you to court for it .
  • M_Leake
    M_Leake Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 September 2010 at 12:17PM
    Hello I have been harassed to death by srj debt recovery for a debt that no one in my household owes, it is a different member of the family living at a different address - which they have been informed of on numerous occasions. It is I who answers the phone as I am at home during the day. I rang them 0845 3137200 and asked for an address to complain to: When they eventually answered the phone (I rather suspect they have caller display to warn them who is calling) this is what they told me

Address: SRJ Debt Recovery, PO Box 1173, Woking, GU22 2BS. I looked this address up on Google and it gives another phone number 0870 428 4178 and a contact name of Michael Court plus email address **REMOVED*

Hope this is helpful. Perhaps if HE starts getting lots of phone calls and emails, they might change their tactics
  • I am being houded by S.R.J. Debt recoveries for 2 sums of money totalling £255.00 from THE BRADFORD GROUP. I have explained to them I have NEVER EVER ordered let alone received anything from this company, in fact I checked my credit report and it is not even listed on there. they are not very helpful all they want is the money even if it has nothing to do with you. I dont think they realise how much stress this can cause especially when the debt is not yours. Under the circumstances I am now ready to get my Solicitor involved to get this sorted out because someone knows something about this. The Bradford Group do not have a telephone number (how convenient) and after E Mailing they are not very forthcoming in answering back. I have asked for details of Invoices, addresses, what goods ordered and most importantly the dates. - STILL WAITING.
  • My wife has been banned from accessing this forum since posting the article above. (srj debt recovery) No reason was given and the ban is for ever. The post itself cannot be offensive as it is still visible on the website. Can anyone explain the ban ?
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ron1161 wrote: »
    My wife has been banned from accessing this forum since posting the article above. (srj debt recovery) No reason was given and the ban is for ever. The post itself cannot be offensive as it is still visible on the website. Can anyone explain the ban ?

Which post above?
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I phoned SRJ and asked who Phoenix were, they said it was littlewoods. I told them it was impossible for them to warrant charging me this fee of £15 as Littlewoods know my new address which I gave them on 13th July 2007 at 13:46. They told me I would need to speak to littlewoods and make payment to them (SRJ) of £20 a week (which I cannot afford).

After speaking to littlewoods they told me they did not receive details of my new address and I would have to ring Phoenix as it had been passed onto them.
    I asked littlewoods how much was owed from when I placed the order until the 13th July, they said that no charges had been incurred then so it would have just been £49 (for my order).

After trying to contact Phoenix on the number littlewoods provided there was no answer.

I feel that I should only have to pay the amount of £49 as they were notified of my change of address and have sent catalogues in my name to my new address.

Can anyone suggest how I should go about this and what my rights are (if I have any)

Thanks

Janine.

First thing to do is STOP phoning!! You have no proper record of what you said/ they threatened etc. etc. Write a letter based on one of the templates which starts "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company ..."

State that you gave your new address to Littlewoods on X date and time, and note that you have received catalogues to your new address on X date(s). Ask for proof that they have sent letters to you, e.g. signatures for recorded delivery. Also ask for your credit agreement and balance whilst you are at it. Make them work for their money!!

;)
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Ron1161 wrote: »
    My wife has been banned from accessing this forum since posting the article above. (srj debt recovery) No reason was given and the ban is for ever. The post itself cannot be offensive as it is still visible on the website. Can anyone explain the ban ?

Suspension of posting privileges is a matter that only the sites official forum team has anything to do with.

If you wish to query an individual decision then I can only suggest that you email them at [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

However, as explained HERE and elsewhere most individual decisions are not commented on.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • I have been hounded by S & J Recoveries and others similar for several years now.

This is how I have dealt with them.

I live in a shared house. This means that their bailiffs have no right of entry as the entry is shared.

That means IF (and we all know this won't happen) they do come round then they will be denied entry.

It is that simple.

I have a friend who on my behalf always emails these creeps abuse pointing out to them two things:

a. they have no power of arrest/entry
    b. they are a laughing stock

They cannot touch me because I am a foreign student. If the worst really came to the worst then all I have to do is change address.
    In reality with violent crimes etc on the rise do they or you REALLY think the police will come looking?

Of course not.

Anyway they have no photograph so if anyone comes round I simply 'cannot speak English'

Easy money
  • Fire_Fox wrote: »
    Write a letter based on one of the templates which starts "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company ..."

;)

I am a complete beginner with internet so I am sorry if my question has a completely obvious answer. could you please guide me to the letter template that you mentioned? , as i am completely unindated with letters and phone calls from S.R.J. Debt Recoveries for a debt in my son's name who used to reside with me but moved out a few years back so I do not know if he owes this money to 3 telecom, as i don't have contact with my son. But I have explained on numerous occasions to S.R.J that I do not owe them money but their not listening.
  • T_Jones_2
    T_Jones_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I've had some dealings with SRJ. How do they get away with it? They sent numerous letters saying I'd changed addresses and they've tracked me down (I'm an OAP who have not moved for years) and saying I owned this company who I'd hardly heard off. maybe becuase my name is common they didn't do their homework. But they seem to attack anybody and hope they can frighten them. Then they started phoning me day and night - isn't that harassement and a criminal offence? I had to get BT to bar their number. Yet the go on sending me letters. Nobody in authority seems to have the guts to tackle this company. It seems I'll have to spend out a lot of money to get my solicitor to contact them. Why is it necessary? Is there no control over these people? Where are the police and the OFT?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure