Online supermarket shopping

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mysupermarket is a good comparison site - put your "basket" in and it tells you which is cheapest, then transfers the order. I much prefer their website too.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Mysupermarket is a good comparison site - put your "basket" in and it tells you which is cheapest, then transfers the order. I much prefer their website too.
    That's interesting. Would you not then need to have an account with each supermarket?
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    Cannot carry heavy shopping-use Ocado-no problems to date-drivers take shopping into house,always polite -money back off carrier bags returned and if my shopping could have been bought cheaper at T's get refunded the difference-but the main reason for shopping with them the variety of vegan food x
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    That's interesting. Would you not then need to have an account with each supermarket?

Yes, you still need to have the accounts, but MySupermarket stores your login details. You can do everything but pay on that site. Choose delivery slots etc, you can sort ite,s by price, or price per unit, making sure you get the best value.

I have Asda, tesco, sainsburys and Morrisons accounts (I'm not loyal!) and virtually "go" wherever the deals are.

So you do the complete shop on mysupermarket, it tells you which items could be swapped for better value (poss cheaper, or multi-buys), tell you which supermarket is lowest cost for the items you've chosen and then sends the list to whichever you decide to buy from. You then pay directly on the supermarket website.

It's a lot simpler than it sounds.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have had ocado for a while now and I like the way they tell you the minimum life of an item on the website.
    I buy their offers and try to stick to a meal plan that helps with what to buy. They often give me free gifts and samples. They don't have a shop its a warehouse, rarely do they substitute or miss items and on delivery the receipt is ordered into fridge, cupboard, freezer etc, along with use by dates. They price match Tesco.
    I pay£5 delivery per month and have Saturday am deliveries. Minimum£40 spend.
    The ap is really handy, I can add items easily up to late the previous evening. If there's ever anything wrong with the order a quick tap of the ap and I can request a refund.
    Tonight encouraged by an offer I had a waitrose delivery, I was a bit disappointed, not good dates at all.
    Back to ocado for me.
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ocado is my favourite. If an item is damaged, short dated or any other problem, I just pop on the website and get a refund organised. I get occasional free items, the other week a halal lasagne. I left it for other members of the family when I was out. This week a bag of special flour.

Flash sales provide the opportunity to have some luxury meat (and ordinary) meat at a good price, up to 40% off, so I get a few things for the freezer. These must be overstocks, as they usually have good dates on them.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks bossymoo, that is very useful to know. :T
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use Morrisons for my online shopping and also when we fill up the cars - then we get the points and the other day I managed to get £10 off my online shop!! The offers are good too and I've taken to buying in bulk and storing in the freezer to save more money. I used to use Tescos but they are more expensive now.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Is Ocado not just in England? I don't know anything about it. :(
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family