Very old card

Options
Hi

I've just checked my credit rating and found an old credit card that had a credit of less than a pound which was closed maybe ten years ago. The account was opened in 2002. I'm almost certain this had ppi and quite a few bank charges on it as my finances were a mess back then. As the account was still active with the bank is there anyway to check and claim any of these things back. The charges are mostly going to be over limit and late payment charges. The credit has been transfered back to my account now and am waiting for a letter from the bank confirming the balance is now zero which should give me the account number. Thinking back I also had a loan from around the same date with the same bank which again I'm fairly certain involved ppi and loads of charges but don't know the dates. Is there anyway of checking this also.

Comments

• ASingleParent
    Options
    Just ask the bank to check.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ring bank and ask or check your statements, any month where you didn't pay the balance in full you would have paid PPI if you had such a police.

The charges for over limit and late payment will not be refunded, there was no issues with these charges and no historical charges can be reclaimed.

Finally, you don't claim back PPI, you complain it was miss-sold along with the reasons why you feel it was and see what they say
  • harryjoconnor
    Options
    I don't have any statements from the account as I thought it was closed ten years ago. I was only due to a miscalculation on the banks part leaving me with a positive balance that it was still active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure