PPI confusion!

I have been quite lax about a PPI claim. However I am now looking into it and am in a bit of a muddle. I have a Nationwide mortgage but the life insurance side was taken care of by Phoenix Finance. Do I make a claim to both or just to Nationwide? I have filled in the Nationwide online ppi query form but should I also contact Phoenix? Thanks!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have a Nationwide mortgage but the life insurance side was taken care of by Phoenix Finance. Do I make a claim to both or just to Nationwide?

Life assurance is not PPI.
    have filled in the Nationwide online ppi query form but should I also contact Phoenix? Thanks!

There is no point making a PPI complaint about life assurance. PPI is a specific product type. Its a bit like complaining to your house insurance provider about PPI.

After you have given your complaint reasons about PPI and posted it to them, they will write back saying you dont have PPI and therefore the complaint is closed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Many thanks. it is the usual problem of jargon on the paperwork they send out - if things were written in plain English, I would understand them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure