Lidl pick of the week Feb 4->10

2»

Comments

• I don't see the problem with the offers.
    Lemons- good for citronovka or daiquiris.
    Garlic - cornerstone of Chinese food

Lidl is stupidly cheap at the best of times and decent quality with that.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I do wish Lidl and Aldi would do more vegetarian stuff. They do have the odd one or two things now and again but not worth travelling the distance if you're not local to either.
  • Leeks are looking good for me as I adore leek and potato soup as do my DGS in the wintertime, but I will wait a few days before buying some as at the moment I have nothing on my shopping list that's needed. Meat I'm not bothered about as I have plenty in the freeze,r but garlic looks good
    along with the mixed peppers. These will be nice either stuffed and roasted or in quiche along with some diced leeks. I have a good bit of chicken in my freezer so maybe even some chicken and leek pies would be nice and warming
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hmmm...is it just me or does anyone keep an eye on the list so they know what Lidl wont have in stock that week...
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    As part of the taste of Asia week , they have a boxed Indian meal for 2 @ £3.49

2 mains + rice + naan

- no idea what it tastes like , just drew my eye as it seemed a good price compared to deals in other stores
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    LadyDee wrote: »
    I do wish Lidl and Aldi would do more vegetarian stuff. They do have the odd one or two things now and again but not worth travelling the distance if you're not local to either.
    What vegetarian stuff do they not have?
  • Steve059
    Steve059 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 February 2016 at 8:21PM
    dlusman wrote: »
    coconut milk 400ml 79p <snip>

There's nothing on the leaflet, so check the tin for the percentage of coconut it contains. This can vary from 27% to 75% (Pride brand, Sainsbury's & Tesco, 95p).
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Hardly anyone lifting the meat offers this morning, where I normally see people with half a dozen of the half price offers, I never saw anyone with more than one each of this weeks 'pick of the week'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure