The Great Free Online Courses Hunt (merged)

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Have been looking at vision2learn

Level 1 New CLAiT using Microsoft Office 2003

It say's it a 100 hours learning course but over roughly how long would that take in terms of weeks, months or years ??
    Well, 100 hours equals 4 days and 4 hours. Carve it up as you like. It depends how long you want to spend each day at it andw competent you are with MS Office in the first place.
  • I was thinking about 1 hour a day during the week, this is after a long day at work, does that sound reasonable (about 20 weeks to completer course). I am not so sure how competent I am with MS office but I am determined to give it a try.
    became debt free December 06
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I would say that is easily possible. When you set up with them you decide your own schedule for each of the modules. If they dont get any work from you in accordance with how you said you would perform, they would start to ask where it was. It's not pressurised and the tutorials are quite good.
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I have looked throught his thread up to page 5, so i might have missed it but free online courses here http://www.alison.com I'm currently doing the excel course and finding quite easy to learn from, its all interactive. :cool:
  • We provide guide, extra support and resources learners need to complete their NVQ health and social care (adults, children and young people), A1, V1 and PTTLS 7303 awards easily. Free online support available for learners in nvq care, assessors and trainers 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Questions are answered promptly by a team of experienced assessors.

Many thanks.
  • What if you have prior knowledge in a subject from life experiences and merely want to refresh your memory and get it accredited to put on your CV? Are there any free courses which lead to proper qualifications? I'm self taught in world war 2 history, but I know I'm missing a lot from not having it taught to me in a standardised way. Anyone know anywhere? Thanks.
  • farfel
    farfel Posts: 9 Forumite
    I know this discussion is a little old, but I have created a resource collection that will be of interest. It contains over 250 free courses from top universities worldwide. You can download the courses to your computer or mp3 player. Moneysaving Expert won't allow me to post the link (because I am new member). But you can find the courses at Openculture.com. When you get to the homepage, just look for "Online Courses" in the top nav. And if anyone would be so kind to post the link, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Dan
  • beadysam
    beadysam Posts: 587 Forumite
    farfel wrote: »
    I know this discussion is a little old, but I have created a resource collection that will be of interest. It contains over 250 free courses from top universities worldwide. You can download the courses to your computer or mp3 player. Moneysaving Expert won't allow me to post the link (because I am new member). But you can find the courses at Openculture.com. When you get to the homepage, just look for "Online Courses" in the top nav. And if anyone would be so kind to post the link, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Dan

This looks like a fabulous resourse Dan, thank you. I'll be having a good look around later today when I have a bit more time.

Link to courses: http://www.openculture.com/2007/07/freeonlinecourses.html

There seems to be loads of stuff worth looking at; audio books, ebooks, language lessons and more. Definately worth a look - and its all free too!
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kommc :spam: 4 posts all promoting same web site
  • I know exactly how you feel. Why do some companies/ people think that when you say you are a stay at home parent they basically think you don't work and sit down all day !!! I have been a stay at home mum for the last 3 years and I WANT TO DO SOME COURSES so that when all of my kids are in full time school eventually I feel I have the qualifications to re-enter the workforce with atleast a fighting chance of finding a decent paid job as I want to change my direction of career when I do return to work .

Any ideas please get in touch !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport