I see

Options
The powers that be appear to have removed my thread in which I posted my appreciation of MSE, because I linked to an article I'd written which told people to sign up to the newsletter and visit the site.

I call that pretty draconian, and feel quite insulted that it was removed as if the post was for my own personal gain - it wasn't. And it didn't fit in with any of the criteria for removing it. If another MSE member had posted a link to it, would it have been left on the grounds that 'look, someone's posted a link to an article about MSE?'

Sorry, but I just think it's really out of order to treat someone like they are spamming or selling something when they are a bonafide user (OK, I lurk more than post but you can see it wasn't my first or only post) and it was NOT sales, or for personal gain/profit. I feel a tad insulted that instread of 'yeah, thanks for driving people to the site and getting them to sign up for the e-mail, and bigging up MSE' I got removed and had my wrists slapped like some scuzzy spam merchant.

Well, whatever. Merry Christmas to you, too! :confused:
I may be skint but at least I'm Relentlessly Positive! :D

Sorry No Links allowed in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2

Comments

• Supervixen
    Options
    Oh I know the signature one, and yeah, I understand it. Didn't argue about that. I was just a bit narked that a link to a site (even if it is mine) which says MSE is wonderful, and provides links to information about Martin's book, the website, and urges people to sign up...to MSE...was zapped. I actually said in the article,

"Oh - and for a New Year resolution worth keeping. Sign up to the free Money Saving Expert newsletter. It's BRILLIANT."

Felt a bit like a slap in the face after talking about all the great tips you can get from the site!

My website-which-must-remain-unnamed isn't a profit making site, has no ads, isn't a source of income for me, it's a pesonal hobby/project. I thought people might like to know MSE had been bigged up, and at the same time said thanks (in the original zapped post) to people for all their information. All I got back was a list of rules that didn't appear to apply and a smacked bum! :rolleyes:
    I may be skint but at least I'm Relentlessly Positive! :D

Sorry No Links allowed in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Options
    Don't take it personally- the board mods have a rotten job here and I wouldn't want to do it. For their own sanity they probably have to stick to pretty rigid rules.

Don't let it put you off joining in the discussions and Happy New Year!
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business