BT 2013 price increases

BT will increase prices by 6% in January 2013.

Line rental will go up 85p per month to £15.45
Paying by cheque/cash will go up to £2.00
Daytime calls will go up from 7.95p to 8.41p
Call set up fee will go up from 13.1p to 13.87p
BT broadband will increase by £1.55 per month
BT Vision will see increase by £1.00 per month

Comments

• cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 August 2012 at 2:47PM
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Probably the first of the rises to come from the telecom companies.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Share one line between neighbours?

Get four cordless phones, one Home Hub.
    Pay Line Rental Saver annually, AnyTime, Friends and Family Mobile.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm paying BT £16.50 for Line Rental & A\T calls but it will be going back to £19.50 soon BEFORE going up to £20.60. !!!

Seems a lot now!
  • Well BT have lost a customer, they are way overpriced and I am sick of being penalised because I pay cash
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • rickbonar
    rickbonar Posts: 448 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2012 at 12:46AM
    Surprised anyone stays with BT?

Ever since it's been privatised it's been constantly working to make the bills more obfuscated and obscure... my last bill with them I asked them what the charges were for .... and even they had to admit they didn't know or understand it.

As for price well ridiculous that they charge some services that all the other rival companies don't. They are finally beginning to update to fibre optics ... not because they want to improve the phone and broadband... no it's because they are going to dig up the copper wire system to sell off to the far east countries for scrap metal.

I believe I'm correct when I say that whatever telephone company you choose apart these conmen you will be better off and have a much better service.
  • oldvicar
    oldvicar Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    It would be nice to think that the dividends on my BT shares will rise to keep pace with the ever inflating cost of my line rental.

Wishful thinking is always nice. ;)
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    rickbonar wrote: »
    Surprised anyone stays with BT?
    What are the options in a non-cable area? I'm considering leaving BT. My ISP does line rental packages but is that the only choice for me, and how much of their profit is still passed on to BT for use of the exchange right to my door?
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We were talking to a manager who works at a BT call-centre last year and he even stated how amazed he was of the market share that BT has.
    People just seem reluctant to leave them!!

We've just negotiated a new 12 month contract with TalkTalk and by paying up-front for the line rental (£114 per year, saving £60 and works out at £9.50 p/m), we are paying £16.75 p/m for all-time calls, unlimited internet, free 0845, free 0870 etc ..................... and including line rental!!
    Maybe not the best deal, but just slightly over the new BT line rental. loll

Get away from BT - crazy being loyal to an expensive service.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pawlala wrote: »
    What are the options in a non-cable area? I'm considering leaving BT. My ISP does line rental packages but is that the only choice for me, and how much of their profit is still passed on to BT for use of the exchange right to my door?

You can use any other telcom provider you wish on a BT-based line. For broadband, even if you have no LLU options, you still have the choice of dozens of BT resellers, Plusnet being the obvious example-but there are many others.
    Start with an exchange search on https://www.samknows.com for your LLU options.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport