Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Comments

• fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    stevenpc wrote: »
    hi can you give some details of your package

Sorry only just seen your post, we are on the Simply Broadband package as we never use the landline for calls.

It sounds like you got a good deal though.
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good Afternoon, anyone here got experience with EE broadband please. I've been with BT for over 11 years but loyalty doesn t appear to account for anything nowadays. I m due to pay my 12 month line rental upfront next week. I m out of contract in February. So these aren t even in sync.

The best BT can offer atm is a reduction from £16 a month to £13 but that means i d lose unlimited and go down a level so to me that's not an offer.

Although BT aren t 10 out of 10 in my opinion they aren t too bad. It's a case of the devil you know. I don't want to move to something inferior . Any help or suggestions please :)
  • Hi guys so ive been with VM for about 10 years now (was with NTL and then VM). ive never missed a payment always had top packages etc ( large tv, BB and phone). my parents have just enquired about getting BB (they only had phone and tv) from them and they didnt offer them a good enough deal, so they decided to go to TT then 2 dys later somebody from VM rang them saying "they heard they were leaving" and offred them a great deal so they decided to stay.

I then wanted the same deal my paents had so i rang them and explaned that i wanted the same deal and was told that they couldnt offer me the same !!! and the department that rang my parents only ring a select few customers and offer these great deals is this true or do they ring everyone who is going to leave? sorry for the long winded post :):)
  • i have 1 month left with talktalk, and saw the deal on here for EE
    phoned up talktalk and said i was thinking of leaving and if i could have a mac code as i was thinking of excepting EE offer,
    she asked what was the deal, i told her £132 up front line rental and £2.50 a month broadband,
    wasn't bother about the voucher, as i really didn't want to leave talktalk as i am quite happy with them, and living in the country we cant get more than 5mb speeds.
    but anyway she asked me to hold the line to see what she could do, after 5 mins
    i was offered 'price match' £132 line rental and free broadband instead
    so well please
  • DavidP24 wrote: »
    I did not want to leave TalkTalk either but could not ignore competition.

I got free line rental for a year worth £192, BB @ £2.25 saving £75 for the year, Free Boost saving £36, Free YouView (£35) and Free Powerline (£18). £27 is my total for a year.

The EE deal would have cost me £30 odd, so they had to compete or I would have left.

I am not sure they would have given you this in your exchange, though worth a try.

was going to go with EE considering the voucher, but after looking at this site a bit worried.
    http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/ee/reviews/page:all/
  • thanks for the advice, have cleared my cookies
  • Paying over the odds for phone & BB with Virgin, liked the sound of the Talk Talk deal with the voucher offer (handy for Xmas?). I already have a BT line installed by Talk Talk couple years ago, never used (long story) and no idea now what the number is. On placing the order, I had to input the phone no. otherwise I'm classed as a new customer - went down this route in order to get the deal before it finished last week, then emailed them separately to explain. Why bother?? Seems I'm talking to a robot who insists I'm a new customer and has booked me in for a new line next week. They installed the line though so surely they have a record of it!! Without the voucher (which I'm not eligible for as a new customer, having a new line installed I don't need!) it's not worth it, so cancellation it is. Bizarre level of customer service
  • yr20405
    yr20405 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Currently with sky paying 16 pound per month my contracts nearly ending anyone getting any better deals from Sky? or should I jump ship to another company?
  • yr20405 wrote: »
    Currently with sky paying 16 pound per month my contracts nearly ending anyone getting any better deals from Sky? or should I jump ship to another company?

have a look here , might help
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2652651
  • caeler
    caeler Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What is everyone making of 'Fuel Broadband' previously knownas 'New Call Telecom Primus Saver'?

I've been with a customer for several years and whilst their customer services has been awful I was paying just £1.50 a month for broadband (40gb cap) with evening and weekend calls plus line rental (£10pm when pre-paid) £138 per year. Since their rebrand they've done away with prepaid line rental and their capped broadband. Now they offer £15pm line rental and £4pm (£2 for first 6 months then increases to £4) for unlimited broadband with evening and weekend calls. This works out at £216 per year.

This still seems competitive?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure