The Sewing Room

Options

Comments

• hmo
    hmo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I am making some walking stick bags at the moment. And have a few other ideas to play around with.
    Bags are still selling/being bid on so I am pleased.

do you put them on at a 'buy it now' price

or do you just start at 99p and see what happens
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :D
    Thank you all for the good wishes :D
    Well the craft fair didnt go well, all the mum's took the little ones to the park instead of coming into the play center so no-one sold anything :( I packed up early but had some nice comments from the girls who work there and the other sellers :)

My son's school has a spring fair in April so (as I spend a lot of time helping there) Im going to ask the Head if I can do a stall there :)
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    Do you wash your fabric before quilting them? I am going to try and do a quilted cushion over the weekend. Does anyone know the brass ruler that is screwed into table top like the fabric shops are called? I have been looking for one but I cant find any
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MissPixie; that is a super cute rabbit. Love the hidden pocket and a very neat button hole.
  • pennib
    Options
    hmo; sorry that your fair didnt go so well :0( Don't be disheartened, a different venue might be much better.
  • pennib
    Options
    On a monkey roll at the moment....so here is Mrs. Twitt, due to her being covered in pink owls!!

th_SAM_2328.jpg
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    pennib wrote: »
    hmo; sorry that your fair didnt go so well :0( Don't be disheartened, a different venue might be much better.

Thank you Pennib :D
    Im not down about it as I wasn't expecting too much as it's a play center it depends on the weather how busy they get and I knew today would be a bit hit and miss but it was worth doing for the experience :D
    I still have the school fair to try (and Ebay at a push :rotfl:)
    I think the school will be a lot better as it's a very small village school everyone knows everyone :D

I love Mrs Twitt :D:D :T
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • jamsandwhich
    Options
    sethsgran wrote: »
    I went 2 years ago and it was fantastic. Its about a 10min walk, downhill, so beware coming back! from the train station. I am a very large lady and I managed the walk. Have fun. I am just trying to convince my DH that we could go to NEC this weekend and visit his mum on the way back to Leeds but not winning yet as he knows my reason for going.:rotfl::rotfl: Just "checking" sewing machines out as I am saving for a new one!!

Thanks for the info sethsgran.

I am debating taking one of the girls with me who will be four by then - she loves all the crafty stuff and is really into doing things like this, her twin sister I wouldn't even consider as she hates standing or sitting still and will not walk normally just wants to run everywhere - she just wouldn't like it but am sure the other one would, might see how she is nearer the time or use it as an excuse for some peace and quiet from them all lol!!!
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    wen-tom wrote: »

Thank you! :j that is what I want but after seeing the price for it I am gonna have to get a wooden one :o
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family