Part time hobby/skill suggestions!

2»

Comments

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If you make smaller items which can fit into a large basket, you can rent space on shelves in shops . There is one like this near me selling all manner of arts and crafts but you have to make the goods continually to keep the rented space full as it can be expensive unless you make one or two larger, costly items to recuperate the price and I've also seen a similar principle in various cafes and indoor markets where friends have approached the stall owners and asked to display their items and the owner gets a commision.

Alternatively try a farmer's market or WI.

The WI will allow you to leave goods to be sold and collect the proceeds at the end of the sale time.

You could also try writing articles or making videos about your techniques and maybe getting a bit of cash through advertising.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    I am involved with a cub group and there are loads of badges which have to be sewn on to their tops. I can do this for my kids but many parents don't seem to have the time/skills so I wonder if there is any mileage in offering that type of service if you have local groups.

Those parents should be embarrassed. If you can't make time to do something that basic for your child; so you can teach the child to do it later on - then you really have to question what they are doing! I see the same total lack of any skill with cooking these days too.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Those parents should be embarrassed. If you can't make time to do something that basic for your child; so you can teach the child to do it later on - then you really have to question what they are doing! I see the same total lack of any skill with cooking these days too.

Maybe the first badge they should do is a sewing badge :D

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 20 January 2018 at 8:51AM
    MissPop wrote: »
    Maybe the first badge they should do is a sewing badge :D

Good idea:T:rotfl:

The first thing I remember ever doing when I was a Brownie in the 1950s was learn to sew a button on:T. I didn't like going there though so soon dropped out:o. No idea whether they ever progressed to sewing badges on;)
  • Wizzbang wrote: »

Well said, Wizzbang:T, I couldn't agree more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure