Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad the check up went well. It's always so reassuring isn't it.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi TOPM & Bob, yes always good to know all is well and getting there slowly! Feels like it's gone quickly in some ways but very slowly in others. :) Baby is very active most days and sometimes feels like it's breakdancing. :rotfl:

Have managed to do quite well on Swagbucks, have earned the minimum amount of points to get the bonus sign up points which means I can claim £10 already. :j So will give it a go for a while & see how it goes without the bonus.

0nepoll up to £8.70 which isn't bad either. :)

My MIL & FIL are not long back from 3 weeks in Cyprus (lucky them) and have sent us a letter and a cheque for £250 towards things for the baby. :beer::j This will be a big help, so will get that put into the savings account we have to keep money for baby things separate.

Was browsing before work yesterday and spotted a present for a friend's child's birthday later in the year and it was only £5. :T So bought it and have put it away in my present stash - have quite a few things already so hopefully will save us some money over the year. :) Also bought a book about gardening on a shoestring budget for £3, looks like it will give me some ideas so worth a read. :)

Should really move as need to get on the cross trainer then get ready for work. 2 days off after today's shift. :j
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have had a long day today so heading to bed soon.

Went quite a distance with DH to get his new car today but all sorted now.:T Left the house at 7am & got back at 10pm. :eek: Will definitely be having a relaxed day tomorrow.

Took some snacks, sandwiches & bottles of water with us. Still spent some money on tea & some breakfast but a lot less than we usually would have so counting as not too bad a spend.:o

Had proper baby brain yesterday when ordering the rewards from swagbucks. Meant to order Paypal for the cash but for some reason hit am@zon & didn't even realise for hours. :whistle: So will be getting £15 (realised I had more than £10 in points) vouchers instead. Not the end of the world as will use them but would rather have had the cash to go towards debt repayment.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 March 2017 at 10:06AM
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    Had proper baby brain yesterday when ordering the rewards from swagbucks. Meant to order Paypal for the cash but for some reason hit am@zon & didn't even realise for hours. :whistle: So will be getting £15 (realised I had more than £10 in points) vouchers instead. Not the end of the world as will use them but would rather have had the cash to go towards debt repayment.

Hi Sashybo,

When you use the vouchers you could send the equivalent amount to the debt? (e.g. spend £10 of Amazon vouchers, pay off £10 of debt from your own money). Hope this makes sense, for some reason I can’t translate my thoughts to words clearly this morning!
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • sashybo
    Options
    :hello: swimming - I know what you mean - as in I'll be saving the money I would have spent on whatever I buy so could send the money to the debt instead. :) Good plan, thanks.

Going to have a late pancake day today with DH, at least for our breakfast. :j Had a bit of a lie in due to our long day yesterday, just doing some of my quick survey sites & swagging before food. :)

Have (belatedly) realised that my MIL feels a bit left out of the pregnancy/baby stuff as she lives quite far away and I don't contact her as much as I maybe should. Have started sending her pictures of things we're buying for the baby/baby's room and hopefully she'll feel a bit more included. To be fair I've not really shown my own mum much stuff either except if she's up at the house. :o

0nepoll up to £8.90. :)
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Awww poor MIL. But she can come and help once the little one arrives I'm sure.

• sashybo
    Options
    Bob, think my MIL is worried the baby won't know her because they live so far away and DH is her only child as well. We told her we can facetime etc as she has an iPad & I'm sure both she and FIL will be up more regularly as they're both retired but think she's still worrying.

DH has said to them both to come up once the baby is born but they're not staying at our house as it's too much when we need to get used to being with the baby & being first time parents.

I'm sure we'll welcome the help when they do visit but they can be a bit overbearing in terms of "You're doing that wrong, this is the right way to do it" :eek: Although to be fair MIL is more diplomatic than FIL, who actually just says "You're doing that wrong". :rotfl:

Work was pretty tiring today - just constant problems, phone ringing & emails to answer. Going to have a very lazy night & go to bed early as well.

0nepoll up to £9 & still trying to do a few other surveys a day. Having problems with swagbucks as it won't let me redeem points for Paypal cash, keeps saying my Paypal account needs to be verified but it is verified! Very annoying, have emailed their customer service as want to be able to redeem points as cash. :mad:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Oh god it's very irritating when people are like that! First grandchildren can bring out all sorts in grandparents I found. Definitely been more chilled the second time around. But have to say it's better to know they want to help than having no interest.

• boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How lovely of them to send you the money though.

You're doing really well on the extra income bit :)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Oh god it's very irritating when people are like that! First grandchildren can bring out all sorts in grandparents I found. Definitely been more chilled the second time around. But have to say it's better to know they want to help than having no interest.
    Our lot (all parents divorced and remarried, so LOTS of grandparents) all proved themselves to be highly irritating, know it all and competitive with the first grandchild, generally much more relaxed with the second, and on the whole totally disinterested with the third. I'm not even sure we got a card from all the parents!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback