Options
    Evening all..

Great day today... NSD number 3
    Also hit the gym after work too!

Today I am grateful for:
    1. The peace and serenity I discovered this morning
    2. For a spark of inspiration at work
    3. For my gym, and the people I see who inspire me
    Just a quick check in tonight. Hugs to those whose moths have had a less than great start (FurryBeastOz)... sending you support and hugs. See those challenges as pot holes in the road - but know the road will get smoother and easier at some point. Just take your time, and stay on track as best you can.

Night all. Love and light x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • PlaysNicely
    PlaysNicely Posts: 153 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2017 at 9:37PM
    Options
    :wave:

Hope everyone's ok! Today's progress:

1) NSD 3 / 16 today (making the most of this run as I must make some budgeted spends tomorrow, not least food for the hounds)!

2) At least one store cupboard menu week this month - today's was from the freezer, fish and oven chips, greens & salad. Chickpeas soaking as prep for tomorrow.

3) Try to up my own income in some way (legally, of course)! Recent application for weekend work at local gallery looking promising :D

4) My NST health goal: 10,000 steps a day (as total of 70,000 across a week)! Currently today at 7,208 largely because I did dog walk with much older neighbour so not so many steps (this is usually where I make up my steps). Not likely to improve on this for the rest of the evening as I've been on my feet all day so pooped now! Nice to catch up with neighbour though! So 26,935 / 70,000.

5) No FleaBay shopping for the whole month - achieved today 3 / 31.

6) Frugal focus: sourcing instead of spending. Still working on the valance.

:) To support overall spending, have noticed a little rounding up tool with my bank card. I've got a current account and savings account with same bank & I've signed up to a rounding up tool which rounds up any debit card transactions from the current account and puts the extra into the savings account. I don't use the card much (especially now I'm fiscal fasting) but will be interesting to see if it's useful for the saving goals!

Simple pleasures:
    :) Friendly neighbours
    :) A glass of water when you're really thirsty
    :) Line dried washing (without the garden birds having target practice on my sheets)!

Have a good evening, & belated congrats to Mrs Hubbard, PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Haven't set my goals yet - feeling groggy today so off for an early night soon. Today I am grateful for DD making me a cup of tea when we all got back and a much needed doze/rest on the sofa for 30 mins. Also for YS bargains (had 2 muffins toasted for breakfast - cost 2.5p for the 2 :D), people's waste (DD's flatmates left lots of food behind when they left halls - we donated most of the unopened stuff to foodbank, but I brought back opened things like organic coconut sugar, various seeds, EVOO, sesame oil, dried fruits, honey) - made some lovely flapjacks with lots of acquired bits :), a working washing machine, warm weather.
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 July 2017 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Popped into the supermarket today to pick up a few ingredients for the little one’s meals and ended up over £30 lighter as I got tempted by the kids clothes sale. Forgot to buy envelopes in my excitement of grabbing some bargains, will pick some up on Wed as I want to have a NSD tomorrow and will be spending on Wed anyway as I’m meeting friends for lunch.

Have batch cooked the little one herby lamb mince with cous cous and salmon and broccoli pasta, 4 portions of each. The lamb mince turned out a bit tasteless but I’ll get away with it as he’s too young to notice just now :rotfl: Will cook a few more dishes some time this week.

Had a good day on Prolific Academic today, managing to complete 7 surveys. 3 have already been approved, fingers crossed the others will be too. A £5 Paypal from Swagbucks has been ordered as well.

Managed to read a few chapters of my book and drink a few cups of tea, that’s my pampering session done. Will try and grab a shower tomorrow if the little one goes down for a decent nap.

Tomorrow I have a dentist visit scheduled but it will be free as I started the treatment before the little one turned 1. There’s a charity shop right across the road from the dentist, so will have a quick de-clutter in the morning and drop stuff off while I’m that way.

indigowarrior glad you had a good day with the kids, hopefully it'll set the tone for the rest of the month.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another spend day today, did a stock up of toiletries and bought a couple of things that I forgot to get yesterday. Need to get myself more organised as still on 0 for the month.

Today I'm grateful for a sunny day, my lovely neighbour taking in my washing when there was a heavy shower, salad from the garden for lunch :D, chatting to some friends on whatsapp, a scented candle (summer scoop apparently!) and yummy sausage and mash for tea.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just wrote a post listing all my woes and then lost the lot.

NSD 0 still

If anyone has any ideas of how to tell in-laws and various elderly relatives (late70's) that they do not have the right to demand I visit them in the summer holidays. The kids don't want to go. I don't want to go, and I am not a free gardening / handy man / cleaner / carpentry service, without coming across as a total cow, please tell me how!!!! I thought I had got away with visiting them at Easter instead, but I was wrong.

I think I have an overactive guilt gland.
    Just booked the ferry.
    So cross with myself.
    £500 down on the budget now. I am a weak fool.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So nearly a spend free day but sent hubby out food shopping last week and forgot to put bread and nutter on the list so had to pop out for that this morning.

Got half my jobs planned done today. Ive dug out unwanted books/dvds to sell. Comes up just shy of a tenner ( I did a clear out not long back but was a bit more ruthless this time) hubby's going to go through his tomorrow and we can send them off.

Didn't list maternity clothes on facebook so will do that tomorrow, need to iron & photograph them. Realised my swimming costume I bought still has all tags on so need to find my online receipt and take that back to the shop so that'll be £22 back off the cc :) I don't think I'll get much for the clothes but anythings better than nothing.

Did a couple of surveys today on yougov and ipsos. Cashed out £20 amazon voucher on ipsos which went towards baby monitor. Up to £14 on yougov - slow and steady. I stopped going on swagbucks so need to start that up again.

My joys for today:-

Inlaws coming to visit this morning then offering to take Little Man out for the day
    Fluff piling on the weight - up to 5lbs 3 now from 4lbs 2 :)
    Homemade coffee and walnut cake
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Just wrote a post listing all my woes and then lost the lot.

NSD 0 still

If anyone has any ideas of how to tell in-laws and various elderly relatives (late70's) that they do not have the right to demand I visit them in the summer holidays. The kids don't want to go. I don't want to go, and I am not a free gardening / handy man / cleaner / carpentry service, without coming across as a total cow, please tell me how!!!! I thought I had got away with visiting them at Easter instead, but I was wrong.

Tell 'um you've got other things planned for the summer and the kids are really looking forward to it :rotfl:so won't be able to make it :);)

Good morning all :);)

Great posts as always :T:T

Another great day yesterday. Loved the uber furgal's e-mail about waiting 72 hours before purchasing something that you think you want........I tend to do this anyway. A 'wait and see policy', but it was nice to have it reiterated again :D. It's surprising how many things you don't actually need when it comes to it :D

Today will be NSD No. 4 and ED No.4 :);)

Wishing you all a super NSDay! :D:p
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

NSD number 2 today and wallet left at home. Got my HM lunch and snacks and will go for a run in the rain at lunch time today.

I ordered two books yesterday but used vouchers. That's my Rebus collection complete :D. Thought he stopped writing them years back and not really had time to discover otherwise (kids came along) till FIL bought me one of the new ones.

Also signed up to the frugelwoods email and did the task of contemplating why things need to change. I used to just say to save more and pay off debt. But it was quite interesting to look into more specific goals. Not sure I manage the partner talk mentioned on her website though :o.

Have a nice day
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Tuesday turtles.

SFD 2/16 in the bag. Okay it's not over yet but just going home and plan to chill out tonight.

Nothing much to report went to library and got some books, so curl up with them later.

Taking my lawnmower over to friends house after work, he sharpens the blade for me, save me buying a new one.

Will have a look at frugelwoods now seeing free 10 mins.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure