COUTTS Bank - how much to be a customer?

Comments

• Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    What are you trying to say Kavanne?

That banking with Coutts is a waste of money!!
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• Kavanne wrote: »
    That banking with Coutts is a waste of money!!

Oh really? Why? And whom would you suggest I banked with instead?
  • Are you for real, do you really have the sort of income/capital they require?

Yet another clueless clot who thinks a Coutts card will look good in the que at Poundstretcher:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Excuse me?! Yes I actually do have the income & the capital to easily meet their preset specifications. Anyway surely it is none of your business whether I do or not? As I said before I am only interested in having a look at an example bank statement so that I can understand it as I have severe dyslexia. After seeing said document I will then be able to make a decent decision.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Excuse me?! Yes I actually do have the income & the capital to easily meet their preset specifications. ...

I should think that anybody who can afford an account with Coutts would have a secretary/accountant/financial adviser to look after their affairs anyway, so it would hardly matter what the statement looked like.

I can't imagine for a minute that Coutts statements look any different to any other bank's statements. They are unlikely to be any easier or harder for someone with Dyslexia to read than any others. As they are part of NatWest/RBS, then I would expect them to look the same as a NatWest/RBS statement, but just with a different name at the top of the page.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    how much money have you got to have coming in them? being totally nosey now:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Banking with Coutts is little more than a way to kiss your own !!!. If you meet their pre-requisites, there's much better places to lodge your funds that will give you a much better service more tailored to your needs.

Coutts is now a mass market bank, little more than RBS rebranded. They rely heavily on their image to attract new customers, and people flock to them for it. It's sort of like believing you live a better life because you eat Tesco Finest.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • 03scrompton
    03scrompton Posts: 34 Forumite
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    I should think that anybody who can afford an account with Coutts would have a secretary/accountant/financial adviser to look after their affairs anyway, so it would hardly matter what the statement looked like.

I can't imagine for a minute that Coutts statements look any different to any other bank's statements. They are unlikely to be any easier or harder for someone with Dyslexia to read than any others. As they are part of NatWest/RBS, then I would expect them to look the same as a NatWest/RBS statement, but just with a different name at the top of the page.

I am a self employed Designer so therefore I do not have a secretary/accountant or a financial advisor to look after my affairs so therefore it does matter what the statement says. I know that they do not look the same. That much I do know.
  • 03scrompton
    03scrompton Posts: 34 Forumite
    how much money have you got to have coming in them? being totally nosey now:D

There is no way I am putting all my private financial data on this forum. Lol.
  • :rotfl:An ex Girlfriend worked for a ticket agency and a "Coutts" customer called trying to pay for tickets to a big event with her "Coutts" Mastercard. The card was declined and the caller went NUTS! Screaming in a shrill upper-class accent "It's Coutts don't you know COUTTS, COUTTS AND CO"

Recently we were in a department store on Oxford Street, and a similar thing happened in the food hall. A coutts customer was declined at the till and the lady kicked off big time with a similar mantra "But its COUTTS, theres money in there its COUTTS"

Seems like Coutts customers have the same problems as the average joe.
    Official SOS Club number 011 - Dry until 17/11/2009
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I know that they do not look the same. That much I do know.

How can you know that unless you've seen one? In which case you wouldn't be asking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure