Budget energy

Has anybody made the move to Budget Energy (https://www.budgetenergy.co.uk) yet? We had a sales rep call at our door yesterday and left a flyer. I'm currently on airtricity but there seems to be further savings by switching.

From the website:

"Rate as of 05/07/11 is 11.83 pence per unit (exc. VAT) if choosing to pay by Direct Debit
Your Direct Debit will be collected on the 28th of each month based on your historical annual consumption

Your meter will still be read by NIE T&D quarterly and Budget Energy will issue you with a reconciled Quarterly Bill

If any amendments are needed to your monthly direct debit we will notify you in writing at least 10 days before the 28th of the month"

Any feedback welcome?

Comments

• RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Pity they don't seem to do a quarterly DD - what happens to any credit that you build up as a result of not using as much energy as the previous year? I assume that the DD amount is reduced to reflect that overpayment?

I too would welcome any feedback from others who have switched to Budget Energy.

Attritioner - whereabouts in the country are you?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • RTNI - they do provide the option of paying once a quarter, but anyone who chooses to use this option must pay a £250 deposit, as this will help mitigate the risk of not getting paid...

Customers are also encouraged to provide regular meter readings to help improve the accuracy of their bills, but if any credit is accrued, this can be used to reduce the monthly direct debit amount...

Also, NIE T&D send their quarterly meter reads to Airtricity and Budget Energy...

Budget Energy's advantage is that they don't hold anyone to contracts, so I'm happy I've made the switch... If a cheaper competitor enters the market (or an existing competitor undercuts them), I can simply leave...no hassle..!! :D
  • *whispers so no-one else can hear* dmxdave - this thread was first. :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    *whispers so no-one else can hear* dmxdave - this thread was first. :rotfl: :rotfl:

OOPS :doh:
    Dave
  • Now we no longer have a monopoly situation, do you think these providers will feature in u switch?
  • 36square
    36square Posts: 286 Forumite
    dmxdave wrote: »
    Why not have a wee read before creating a new thread? http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3430053[/QUOTE]

At least this thread is actually about money saving which is all too rare in the NI forum.
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Only just found this thread,I have been on both the Budget Energy and Airtricity sites and have noticed that Airtricity charges £5 for topping up Online and by Phone whereas Budget Energy DO NOT charge.This was under the Keypad meter section.It would seem that Budget Energy is the better option......hopefully.
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've just completed the forms to switch to budget, I reckon the short term gains even if they can't sustain the lower costs as opposed to powerni or airtricity is worth it. Maybe powerni losing more customers may make them more competitive.

It's worth a punt!
  • Are you moving from PowerNI or Airtricity Cate? I moved to Airtricity last year and am not sure the halfpenny a unit is worth moving again.
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Are you moving from PowerNI or Airtricity Cate? I moved to Airtricity last year and am not sure the halfpenny a unit is worth moving again.

PowerNI

Have you compared your savings from powerni to airtricity since you moved last year?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure