IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help Help UKPS

Options
Hi,
I went out for a shopping and parked my car somewhere there was no clear signage about no parking rule.

When I came back after 10 mins there was PCN from UKPS.
£100 whopping charges or pay £60 within 14 days. Sound extortionate amount of money for 15 mins parking.

I am not sure what to do ?

Shall I wait for a first letter to arrive before I make an appeal or I appeal straightaway.

Thank you for everyone in advance.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can start by telling us which PPC is involved - UKPS is an oilfield personell company.

Then have a good read of the Newbies Sticky - which outlines you situation and the various options for getting shot of them.
  • Not_Scammed
    Options
    So what happened in your previous encounter with a PPC?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4993152&highlight=

It's only polite to let the other forum members know....
    :j
  • walabala
    Options
    sorry what is PPC ?
  • walabala
    Options
    UKPS Coventry.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 December 2014 at 8:11PM
    Options
    He was asking what happened with your ParkingEye one before - surely you know what to do if you've seen of a PE one already?

Also UKPS or UKPS (NW) Ltd? A BPA firm or an IPC firm? Please check the AOS members' lists if unsure (Google the AOS lists for the BPA and IPC)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • walabala
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    He was asking what happened with your ParkingEye one before - surely you know what to do if you've seen of a PE one already?

Also UKPS or UKPS (NW) Ltd? A BPA firm or an IPC firm? Please check the AOS members' lists if unsure (Google the AOS lists for the BPA and IPC)
    Yes they are a member of BPA and can only issue ticket.

My last Parking eye ticket. They sent me a 4 pages response with quoted court cases to response my initial letter template I copied from newbie.

I paid it at the end.

Please help me should I ignore or appeal from the template available in newbie thread.

Thanks
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    walabala wrote: »
    Y

I paid it at the end.

Then why waste our time here ?
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do not pay, do not ignore, do not reveal who was driving.

Read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES and appeal using the information therein. The flowchart in the NEWBIES thread is a good place to start.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    walabala wrote: »
    Yes they are a member of BPA and can only issue ticket.

My last Parking eye ticket. They sent me a 4 pages response with quoted court cases to response my initial letter template I copied from newbie.

I paid it at the end.

Please help me should I ignore or appeal from the template available in newbie thread.

Thanks

If you are sure it's the BPA member firm then read the Newbies thread and appeal, just like you should've done with the ParkingEye one.

Every word these scum send you is carefully calculated to intimidate you, and it sounds like you fell for it hook, line and sinker, even though ParkingEye are actually very easy to beat at PoPLA (they don't even show up).
    Je suis Charlie.
  • walabala
    Options
    Thanks.

i will keep you posted what happen next !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure