PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. I'm in again but change of routine this week so not sure how much I'll get done. Just nice not to be at the paid stuff for a couple more days.

So far today I have washed the breakfast dishes and dusted the dusty bits in the LR.

I'll do something from the list now and then walk LittleyDog. She seems to have turned a corner this morning (thanks LW) and is eating a little.

Right best crack on, will be going out with DH later.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Frizzlef
    Frizzlef Posts: 334 Forumite
    Morning everyone,
    Sorry for being awol last week.

Just had to read back over last weeks friend as saw a mention about CY and I couldn't believe it was true until I read it. If that makes sense. I for one will also miss that little snape picture and will always renember how excited she was about her dds wedding. Ionafan- if it's not too late can you please add me to the card. Don't worry if you have already sealed it though. And thanks for the link to the charity pages. Let's hope she raises lots of money. The cancer research one was at £190 this morning.

Thanks for the lists. My last week at home before I have to go back to work. I am dreading it! So want to try and get the house sorted! Well as sorted as possible!
    Also having my kitchen ripped out in three weeks time so will need to get that sorted.

Anyway, run decluttered and wm on. Going to have a shower then will post list.

Can't remember who it was- Raphael???? Well done on the 10k. Hope the legs aren't too sore today. I did a 5k yesterday with a lady that I have been training and she knocked another minute off her time!! She was chuffed! X
    Grocery challenge- feb 2015- £133.07/£250
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    juliejim wrote: »
    Morning All

Iona - if it's not too late can you add my name to the card please? Don't worry if you've already sealed it.

And me please if not too late.

I have stopped ironing other than the kids school things. Life is too short and I refuse to be a slave to my adult children. DH has sent his work shirts to the ironing parlour for the last couple of weeks.

I've thoroughly scrubbed the kitchen this morning. I'm struggling to keep on top of things at the moment and have devised a housework rota that nobody is following. I had a bit of a rant at DH about it and he promised to speak to the kids when I was at work yesterday and said things would change. So far no change so I will be ranting again.
  • Mumto5 wrote: »
    I've thoroughly scrubbed the kitchen this morning. I'm struggling to keep on top of things at the moment and have devised a housework rota that nobody is following. I had a bit of a rant at DH about it and he promised to speak to the kids when I was at work yesterday and said things would change. So far no change so I will be ranting again.
    Withhold pocket money/privileges etc till it's cleaned?
    Frizzlef wrote: »
    Can't remember who it was- Raphael???? Well done on the 10k. Hope the legs aren't too sore today. I did a 5k yesterday with a lady that I have been training and she knocked another minute off her time!! She was chuffed! X
    Thanks :D Not too sore at all, poor BF was hobbling around this morning thou.
    I used to run around 09:30 minute/miles, I'm now around 11:45m/m. Would love to get my speed back again, I think for the moment I'll aim for sub 11m/m.

Not much of the list today, I have however had a run (just a gentle 2 miles), emptied the bin and recycling bin, loaded the WM, hung up the wet stuff and put away the dry stuff.
    I've crocheted a few more squares for my xmas project and will have to cook lunch soon before work.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Pc
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    [STRIKE]Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!![/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Clear clutter from floor [/STRIKE]
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. [STRIKE]defragment the pc while doing this[/STRIKE]
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • [STRIKE]Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc[/STRIKE] I don't like bathmats, I don't like the idea of something that keeps getting soggy and never cleaned. (I'm not a fan of rugs in general) I put a spare towel on the floor instead, which is picked up and dried/cleaned each time.
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Clean windows
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Hello all!

I've been following you all for a while but haven't posted before. After getting involved last week, I actually like my place better - thank you x
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2016 at 3:00PM
    Been in work all morning so nothing done yet.
    Meant to say well done to Raphael on completing the run.
    Got home to a phone message saying holiday hous we want is not on their books next year GRRRR luckily the house we had previously is available for the week we want so swapped it over.
    Going to crack on now with some stuff off the list.

Welcome cheekygirrl
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Frizzlef
    Frizzlef Posts: 334 Forumite
    Thanks :D Not too sore at all, poor BF was hobbling around this morning thou.
    I used to run around 09:30 minute/miles, I'm now around 11:45m/m. Would love to get my speed back again, I think for the moment I'll aim for sub 11m/m.]
    it will come back. Have you tried adding some intervals on faster running into your sessions or picking the pace up for the last 10 minutes of a run?
    I started running about 4 months ago after not running for a year due to pregnancy and seperated stomach muscles. Started of at 12 min miling and still sometimes do that when on an easy run. I'm racing at 9.30s now. Ran with my friend and 8 year old son yesterday so did 10.49s. Are you a member of a running club?
    Grocery challenge- feb 2015- £133.07/£250
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi

I'm in, thank you for all the work that goes into the lists.

Whole house hoovered
    All washing done, dried, folder or ironed and away!!
    Shoppnig done
    Kitchen done, including breaking the mop, I mean how on earth does one break a mop but I have...................
    Fence with next door sorted out
    Food shopping done
    Another tax return done
    Cat cuddled
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • I have vacuumed the house, done a load of laundry, picked lots of poop and put the bin out. Hoping to do better tomorrow :o
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Dizzy it may be slightly dodgy looking but it made me smile!

MrsMP you cant believe that can you? Poor kid must have been terrified.

So I have been majorly stressed today. Just so much to do and so little time to do it all. BUT the bathroom was scrubbed before work, I have taken an old computer chair to the cs, binned some old socks, hung out a load of washing, returned a parcel, made a chilli and run the carpet sweeper around.

However, I have not done any paid stuff on job no. 2 and I am at my gym class tonight so I will have to try and squeeze some work in now.

Catch you all later x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport