JSA & Working Part Time

I am currently in receipt of JSA, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.

I have just been having a look on the net for jobs and found something that interests me, it is only 15.5 hours per week though.

If I were to go for this job would it affect the above? I have heard from some people that I would still receive all of my JSA as long as I work under 16 hours, is that right?? Seems a bit too good to be true!

If someone could advise I'd be grateful, would be good just to get out and do something even if it's only for 15 hours!

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It depends on how much you get paid. The first £5 of JSA you can keep. After that, it's £ for £.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • claire_80_2
    claire_80_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    The starting wage is £6.50 per hour...
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    sh1305 wrote: »
    It depends on how much you get paid. The first £5 of JSA you can keep. After that, it's £ for £.

So if you get a job earning £100 a week you still get to keep £5 JSA..? If that is the case do you still have to sign on..? How does it work..?
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Orville wrote: »
    So if you get a job earning £100 a week you still get to keep £5 JSA..? If that is the case do you still have to sign on..? How does it work..?

You wouldn't get JSA. The amount for a single person over 25 is £65 odd a week.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family