Cheapest Home Phones Article Discussion

Comments

• At the moment I wouldn't advise ANYONE to get O2 home phone.

I'm still waiting. I originally made the call to tell them I was moving to a new property on the 13th September. I moved on the 18th....It's now the 7th of October & I still have no home phone or broadband.

When I call (every other day at the moment) up I speak with someone different each time & each time I call up there is another issue with my order. The fact that no one bothers to contact me & tell me what's going on with my order is starting to really :mad: me off, as obviously if I weren't calling my order would just sit there & gather dust.

If you have broadband, the service appears to be fine. I had no real complaints with them until I was offered home phone & now I would just like to go elsewhere.
    It feels like it will never be rectified, to be quite honest I'm not sure why I'm even still waiting....If anyone knows of any good home phone & broadband offers....PLEASE let me know.x
    Debt £16,000

Not employed...How to get rid of this debt!!Serious about Saving Money!
  • Gryphaea wrote: »
    I already have Broadbad via O2. I'm thinking of moving to them from BT for homephone. Does anybody know if they permit Call Redirect - I need to use it for work calls ( I add a prefix under BT,to each business call to avoid being charged to my home phone bill)

cheers
    Check my posts regarding O2 home phone......
    Debt £16,000

• Chanpagne
    Chanpagne Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Okay....I'm now UNBELIEVABLY frustrated with O2. I'm being told they can connect between the 25-29th October.....Yes THE 25TH-29TH OCTOBER & then after that I have to wait an additional FOUR days before I get broadband...I think someone's having a laugh. At my expense. That will be virtually TWO months since the initial order was placed. I don't even care about home phone! I only need it for the broadband. I've been with O2 since 2004 & this is the level of service I'm receiving. Apparently they're only any good when everything is fine.
    Debt £16,000

• GUYd
    GUYd Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My BT contract has just expired and so it is time for me to find a cheaper deal.

I use O2 for my mobile phone and also have had O2 unlimited home broadband for the past year (£7.50/mth). Contract has also just come to an end.

I have just spoken to O2 sales about taking out their home phone package in addition to my broadband.

I was told that they need to cancel my current broadband package (now obsolete) and they will put me on the new "All Rounder" package which gives unlimited broadband/up to 20meg. They are giving me 6mths free on a 12mth contract.

Usually this broadband package would be £12/mth but is now reduced to £6/mth because of the free period.

The O2 home phone with unlimited anytime calls comes in at £12.50/mth (includes line rental) - despite haggling, no deal to be done here unfortunately.

Therefore the total cost to me for line rental, unlimited anytime calls (+ 600 mins/mth international calls & 600 mins/mth to 0845/0870 numbers) & unlimited broadband (up to 20Meg) is £18.50/mth - Not a bad deal!
  • Guy'd..............that's a great price. I am with o2 Broadband, and loved it. However going onto o2 Home Phone is the worst thing I have ever done. AND I pay for the 0845/0844/0870 numbers.....:eek:
    Today, my BEST is good enough.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Guy'd..............that's a great price. I am with o2 Broadband, and loved it. However going onto o2 Home Phone is the worst thing I have ever done. AND I pay for the 0845/0844/0870 numbers.....:eek:
    You're going to pay for 0843/0844/0871/0872/0873 whoever you go with.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Heinz wrote: »
    You're going to pay for 0843/0844/0871/0872/0873 whoever you go with.

And isn't it amazing just how many of these have been introduced to replace 0845/0870 once BT changed the way they charged them........
  • kad1
    kad1 Posts: 285 Forumite
    hi all. my sis has just moved into a new build where there is a Bt line there but not connected. now, having perused on here, it looks like the best deal would be for her to go with primus saver for her calls. my question is, can we get Bt to make her line 'live' (of whatever the terminology is) w/out taking up a phone plan with them? we just want the line and then to sod off to primus!
    thanks in advance
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    kad1 wrote: »
    hi all. my sis has just moved into a new build where there is a Bt line there but not connected. now, having perused on here, it looks like the best deal would be for her to go with primus saver for her calls. my question is, can we get Bt to make her line 'live' (of whatever the terminology is) w/out taking up a phone plan with them? we just want the line and then to sod off to primus!
    thanks in advance
    The new build place doesn't have a BT line. It may have a BT-branded master socket and, possibly, internal extension(s) too and may even have external wiring to the nearest street cabinet or telephone pole but, until the first occupant pays to have the line connected, that's all.

Any of the line providers now in the market (Primus is one) can* accept your order for a new line and then pay Openreach to do the work. They will all charge you their own rate for that and most will require you to agree to at least a 12 month contract to prevent you leaving immediately. Remarkably though, Post Office Home Phone still only tie you to a one month contract so many people use them.

* Most will not do so though, probably because they will have to pay Openreach before they can recover the money from you.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • dealnodeal
    dealnodeal Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 October 2010 at 2:13AM
    hi all first post. I thought this was a good deal w w w hotukdeals.com/deals/bt-anytime-unlimited-3-months-free-/780638/#post9620744
    Includes 0845 too
    Looks like the guys on hukd didn't like it though so i'm in 2 minds to go for it or not.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback