Teacher told child she could wet herself

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Right so basically on till you can go as supervisor can lock your til.

Driving not a problem, happened to me had to pull in next services not easy as i just left one and couldn't go and when I want to go I have to go, comes on sudden sometimes.

Nurse/doctor most likely they probably just go. Not if they're in the middle of carrying out a procedure.

I don't have a medical problem (at least I don't think so) but sometimes the urge just comes on all of a sudden and hard to hold.

A few years back on work I had to go every 10 mins one day! I had to leave early, got home nothing (nornal) next day in work same problem and at home nothing (normal)!

So you do have a problem! And in supermarkets, you have to indicate that you need a supervisor (haven't you seen those flashing light on a check-out) and wait for the supervisor to come before you can go - so it's not immediate.....
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    I want a wee wee
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    jondav wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous.

A young girl of this age who has started her period will have (or should have had) that conversation with her parents, at least her mother.

And during that conversation, a responsible mother would explain to her daughter how to be prepared, how to be discreet and how to make sure that they don't have to skip out of class just s few minutes after having a break.

They will have to learn to deal with periods sooner or later - why not start now??

Mollycoddled, spoiled kids are the reason this country is in such a mess - they expect everything to just go their way and the worst thing is the parents back them up!!

I started my periods when I was in primary school. I was told by teachers that the procedure was to ask to go to the loo in lesson time, and to go to the teachers' toilets. The children's ones didn't have the right facilities. One girl who started before me had been taking her used pads home in plastic freezer bags, her mum hadn't thought to discuss the issue with staff.

It might have changed now since more girls are starting at that age, so possibly schools are better equipped.
    Malthusian wrote: »
    The child should have taken off one of her plimsolls and used that in extremis.

Surely a fake Ugg would be more practical? In terms of volume and absorbability.
    Similar thread to a recent one, teachers using their 'real' names signing up to defend the school.....

Has using the toilet in lesson time taken over from the school uniform threads?

My thoughts too. The shoe fetish was bad enough, this is worse, what will it be next :eek:
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 July 2017 at 12:46AM
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Sounds like she needs to be told that toilet breaks are during break time
    Christ

I'm an adult and if i need the loo during my shift even i'm allowed to go! (yes i also go on every break but sometimes when you need to go, you need to go)

Also on the subject of perios started in year 5, had a very heavy flow and had to carry around used towels as there was no where to dispose of them (incluuding in secondary school), there were many times i leaked and had to get my mum to get a change of clothes because teacher wouldn;t allow me to go to the toilet during class (plus i was bullied badly and periods back then made you an easy target, one girl has her sanitary products tipped put in class and was mercilessly riduculed for having them)
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    When I was in Year 6 we had a male teacher- he was old fashioned and a bit of a chauvinist, not the type anyone really wanted to discuss such personal matters with.
    When I started my periods at 10, my mum wrote a note to the female headteacher explaining and asking if I could be excused when necessary. There were a few girls in the same boat and also we were still being made to get changed for PE in front of the boys. The headteacher's secretary went and spoke to said teacher and told him the head had said that the select few of us should be allowed to just get up and walk out when necessary and that we should also be allowed to wear our PE kits under our uniforms then change in the toilets afterwards.
    He was furious at the fact we could just get up and walk out but because the Head had decreed it couldn't do anything about it. No-one abused it though and it actually worked quite well.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Not surprised he was furious, I would be too. I am sorry but unless they have a medical note then I don't let them out, and even then they still have to ask

Here is the new troll, welcome :wave:
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Posting at 8.28 in the morning, and still online at 8.43 - shouldn't you be heading to class?
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    period excuse ...

What a ray of sunshine you must be.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    thorsoak wrote: »
    From my experience, if one works at the till in a supermarket, or at the till in a small shop, you cannot just walk away from your post because you need to relieve yourself; you have to wait until someone can take over or until a supervisor locks your till. If you work as a driver you cannot "go" whenever you want, if you work as a carer, a nurse or doctor you cannot go immediately you feel you need.

Bladder control education isn't a subject for school - it should be taught at home, well before the age of 11. Your DD would not have eaten her lunch just immediately before going back into class - she would have had time to go before the end of the lunch break.

Of course there are, and always will be, those who have a specific and genuine problem with bladder control - but that should be well known to school staff and the child concerned should be able to discreetly remove himself/herself from class and return promptly.

A teacher cannot just leave her class unsupervised to go to the loo, either.

As I said before, a good teacher, who knows the class, will know if a kids is trying it on - or not.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    pollypenny wrote: »
    A teacher cannot just leave her class unsupervised to go to the loo, either.

There may be times when a teacher has to get to the toilet in a hurry - the schools I worked in always had a policy for what action to take if you needed to leave the class unattended.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure