IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye

Options
Parking fines!!

Does anyone have any info on parking fines issued by ParkingEye? Are they legally enforceable through the Courts - as I am on Incap Benefit of £107 per week, what are the chances of recouping this money from me if I dont pay??

Thanks anyone

Rojaneva

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There is a whole section devoted to parking here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You need to read through this:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

To answer your question Parking Eye regularly issue court claims for parking so you need to deal with it.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup, get yourself into the right forum and read the sticky linked above - all your options for seeing them off are clearly liad-out. :)
  • kjdintown
    Options
    Thank you to the help on here regarding an outrageous Parking Eye notice. I parked in The Range car park in Swindon and received a parking notice, pay £60 within 14 days or it goes up to £100!

I spent ages creating an appeal letter to PEye and then thought I'd just google them to see if they were legitimate. I found posts on here which advised the first thing to do was to speak to the company or shop concerned, which I did.

I phoned the Management at The Range and advised my problem. I asked them to write to Parking Eye and ask them to cancel my fine as I was a valued customer of theirs (their words not mine). The Range did as they said they would and PEye cancelled the fine!

Really happy that I am not being fined for parking in a shop car park and couldn't thank enough, The Range management staff in Swindon, Wiltshire for all their effort. Particularly Pauline, in her first two weeks in the job - very impressed, thank you :T
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They're not fines, they're invoices. Calling them a 'fine' makes them sound more important than they are. Only Councils, Police and certain other bodies can actually issue a fine, private parking companies can't.

@kjdintown that's good to hear, usually The Range do precious little in relation to these scammers.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Welcome to MSE :hello:

I've moved your thread over to the Parking sub-board :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    rojaneva wrote: »
    Parking fines!!

Does anyone have any info on parking fines issued by ParkingEye? Are they legally enforceable through the Courts - as I am on Incap Benefit of £107 per week, what are the chances of recouping this money from me if I dont pay??

Thanks anyone

Rojaneva
    Please come back to this forum board now you hopefully have noticed your thread has been moved here, start again at square one and don't pass 'go' until you've read the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!' thread at the top:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I would stick with the tried and tested wording for the simple 2 stage appeal. At POPLA stage we win every time, 100% record, so follow the NEWBIES thread including how to win at POPLA in due course and you'll be fine, just like all these newbies were:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4911394

You appear to have missed the advice and templates which were under your nose right here on the parking forum all the time. You wrote as if you had not even searched the forums!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure