December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• LOL Kat. Have given her another 6oz bottle of milk and my iPhone has been dropped into the cot with her on airplane mode. White noise app = heaven.

Meanwhile my accounting for the evening is also in the cot with her so I can do nothing :( I shall sit and PLOT instead until my ovaltine is all gone an then I will try for more sleep than last night.

Just had someone offer £17 for 2 of OH's FIFA cards... again, go figure, but as Tesco and their crazy beans would say 'Every little helps'. Also if you are in Tesco, their everyday value basmati rice is a: HUGE and b: the cheapest anywhere by a long shot. Rice, water, chicken/vegetable stock cube, onion & frozen peas - dinner for anyone!

Since OH is 5 years younger than me... I will use him as child labour until littlie is ready ;)

Night!!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • nanell
    nanell Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,
    Just checking in with 3!!! NSDs!
    Tomorrow will be a spendy day, I NEED body lotion! on friday I cut the tube open, so as not to waste any, this has lasted me 4 days, but is totally gone now, so have to buy some tomorrow as I have really dry skin. will make the most of it though and have listed all the "bits" I need from £shop and will also get the last few presents I need instead of doing this the end of the week as planned. I'm being ruthless and not buying anything thats not on my list!

I was tempted by chocolate at work today and found myself thinking "WWKD?" (What Would Kat Do?) Hahaha!
    October Awakening: Food £20/20 Petrol £50/50 Misc £190/194.01 Extra Earnings £100/196.56 SFDs 20/22
  • Hi all,

well done nanell on 3/3 NSD's!

I cant declare one today as i went to the cinema and bought some reduced food for my parents in lieu of rent BUT it all came out of leftover money from Nov so my £100 is still intact. It has gone now so any more spend will be Dec cash.

Aiming for a NSD tomorrow as long as i can keep the vending machine at bay! In fact will make sure i dont by putting all my remaining change into my money pot.
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    To wade into the Great Baked Bean discussion if I may; we have the reduced salt & sugar sort so couldn't tell you what the value ones are like I'm afraid, but MrT is the best taste for our choice of wind generator :p The Offspring eat them without quibble & even muvva has them, so they must be OK :rotfl: Pup likes the sauce (how do dogs manage to lick beans & veg clean of gravy & leave the lumpy bits behind) & it goes all creamy & slightly stringy with a handful of grated mousetrap thrown on top when we are feeling particularly flush :) Not in the dog's bowl, well his is obviously..we have ours [STRIKE]out the fish tank :D[/STRIKE] on plates on plates..yes! On plates. (Sorry :o got one of my silly heads on; the others are in the wash while it's economy 7)

I got my third nsd today & did a bit of improv dance around the place & Muvva lives two floors up without a lift, bin day tomorrow so that was another sprint to get the rubbish down before it got dark.= exie sighs!

I've got two prezzies around a fiver each still to get plus summink for muvva. At the moment I'm musing over a long sleeved night gown or a cd/dvd of Dan-yell O'Donnull or m'be Kneel Die-mund :think: ...perhaps I'll have a quick squizz onlone to see what's a-kerr-in...
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• morning everyone

today will be a NSD Im working all day,take a pack lunch with me, then a meeting at the school so no way I can spend any money.

not sure I can fit any exercise in but will see how long meeting is may have time after.

have a good day

xx
    You can if you think you can .
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi everybody,

Today was my second NSD.:j

Also today, I made chicken stock from 2 carcases and some veg, made coronation chicken with the bits off the chicken, and made parsnip soup.

Feeling very chuffed with myself, I love it when I take something out of the freezer only to fill the gap with lots more goodies.:D

Last night after I'd posted I made a banana loaf using up a couple of brown bananas from the fruit bowl and adding a third banana from out of the freezer.:)

I'm not working tomorrow as I have a dental appointment so Tuesday could be a bit of a spend day. :(

Onwards and upwards folks!

Toodles

NSD 2/20
    SD 1/11
  • AlTeREgO
    AlTeREgO Posts: 114 Forumite
    nanell wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Just checking in with 3!!! NSDs!
    Tomorrow will be a spendy day, I NEED body lotion! on friday I cut the tube open, so as not to waste any, this has lasted me 4 days, but is totally gone now, so have to buy some tomorrow as I have really dry skin. will make the most of it though and have listed all the "bits" I need from £shop and will also get the last few presents I need instead of doing this the end of the week as planned. I'm being ruthless and not buying anything thats not on my list!

I was tempted by chocolate at work today and found myself thinking "WWKD?" (What Would Kat Do?) Hahaha!

I'd been ill for a few weeks at the end of November, and feeling totally dried out skin wise, it was looking rough!! i had an Intensive Moisturise with OLIVE oil, yes out the kitchen cupboard type olive oil, and it sorted me right out :) honestly it worked wonders :D so much so i will continue to do it once a week!
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all :)
    I am going to my nearest town today, so i think i may do next weeks food shopping, to save petrol. Its a 20mins drive, so i reckon its worth saving the petrol.
    The list isnt huge, so it shouldnt cost me too mush, although i am always astounded by how expensive 'The Big 4' are when i dont shop at Lidl.
  • Well now some of you have made me chuckle this morning....
    Since OH is 5 years younger than me... I will use him as child labour until littlie is ready ;)
    Very good Lilt... MSE all the way!:rotfl:
    Nanell I am watching you...:T..how much is your body lotion by the way??? Alterego is right with the oil, my legs love it... maybe invest in some fragrant oil that is beneficial to skin to add to it...

BigMummaF I want some of what you're on...:rotfl:
    Also today, I made chicken stock from 2 carcases and some veg, made coronation chicken with the bits off the chicken, and made parsnip soup.
    Kerfuffle something about the use of the word "carcass" when discussing dinner makes me grateful of my vege-me-tarian status...:D

WantToBeSE - is there really a difference with Lidl that you have notice..? I might aim to go there instead then.,..I would pop by every now and then but not make a habit of it...do they reduce their stock or give it away like I have heard....?

I am going to weigh up what I have left against what I really need food wise. I have jam sandwiches and that awful broccoli pasta to get me through the day... you're proud of me aren't you...:p

Onwards and Upwards....( friend feeding me tonight though...)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Today is going to be NSD number 3. Need to send of another ebay sale but that doesn't count as it's paid by the buyer, only made a pittance on this one though. Anyway still waiting for £108 pounds to be released by paypal so I can put in on my CC. But apparently that can take 21 days or to the day the buyer leaves feedback which 3 out of 6 haven't yet :(.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure