Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Comments

• Thanks folks. There is a Homebase in branksome . I’ll try there’ also
  • So..
    Got my trainers delivered by Clark’s size 12 / wide foot / great .

Onto my delivery of jeans from m&s ....I was a size 40” .
    Now the size 38” I just received fit great . :j:j:j:T
    I’ll try the tops on later.

Regarding the waist size: if I can hopefully get down to a size 36” waist by Christmas then I think it’s job done ! I must be doing something right :rotfl:

So, do I take the previous jeans I bought in m& s last month to a dry cleaners ( not that one :mad:) and get them taken in ?

Apart from the thoughts of looking for a job ( felt moody today about that) , I feel great .

Regarding part of my weight and condition problem :
    I had an X-ray about 6 years ago as I felt a lump on my stomach and was the initial start of very slight breathlessness. There was nothing to worry about . The lady giving me the X-ray said at the time that she could see nothing .
    So part of my condition is affected by the thymus gland which can be removed . I think that’s whats making me look like I’ve swallowed a few tables . I’ve beren through the mill as you know , so it won’t be touched . Just a thought .
    Still , one waist size smaller ! It’s a start :)
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I think the things you are looking for are called 'pencil toppers'

Hope this helps
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Thanks Chrystal :)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Congrats on shrinkage - waist size that is ;);)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks enthusiastic ::)
  • So today, felt groggy. Was gonna go to the gym . Not really there so I put it back until Monday . I will of course suffer on Monday , as I will be having another p t session . After that , I intend to be back at the gym 3 times a week, or twice at the very least.

However, I had to get out and checkout homesense for candles and possibly a framed print . I also wanted to see how I’d get on at homesense for lightbulbs. I had a successful day . I did a bit of guesswork regarding size and style for an old 1960s snoopy lamp I got on fleabay last year . I did take a screw in fitting which is for the 3 wall lights in the living room ,and an ordinary bayonet fitting for the music room . Amazing regarding lightbulbs . I had 1 wall light and the light in the music room going out within 2 days of each other.
    So far, all the other lights in the flat are fine . When I purchased the flat,the seller got an electrician around to update everything on that side. Very impressed so far . I think it was a new circuit board put in .
    Cannot remember .

It was nice to walk around without my jeans falling down to my ankles
    I’ve put a belt on my new smaller size. Good sign . Hopefully in a couple of months I will have the same problem as before and can buy new jeans in a 36” waist . As cartman from South Park says,”I’m not fat , I’m big boned “. I’m 6’ tall so eventually I can say that too:rotfl:

It was much quieter in Homebase and homesense . Got different scented candles in the sale and bulbs , so it’s been a good day .
  • Chrystal wrote: »
    I think the things you are looking for are called 'pencil toppers'

Hope this helps

Just found out that they are “hugger grippers” and are from the “80s
    They cost anything from £5 -£20 on fleabay . I’m after about a dozen or so. No I haven’t grown up :o
  • Hi AC and everyone- found the new thread.

I am a candleholic if there's such a word AC- I bought one in Homesense the other week, a Chistmassy Gingerbread, haven't lit it yet though as I have several to get through.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    HAPPY NEW YEAR AC

I'm back at work so back on the boards (I tend not to have the time whilst on holiday from this place...)

Good to see things are going well so far this year!

It was June when I last wrote to creditors for F&F's, a couple accepted, most not so I've tried again, fingers crossed this time :)

Anna
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family