Birmingham Midshires 1.45%

Options

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Got everything including sending them a cheque to open my account. Given advise on how to credit my account with more money via online banking. Tried it and and it worked fine. More money moving over soon.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Got everything including sending them a cheque to open my account. Given advise on how to credit my account with more money via online banking. Tried it and and it worked fine. More money moving over soon.

Can you actually log in to see balance on your account? I have my user name but waiting for activation code, I am dubious about sending large amount by FPS until I can confirm and print out details of balance.
    At the moment I only sent the minimum £1 by cheque as I had read so many bad reports about them.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    you can call tjem and they will tell you the balance even if you have not yet received your username or token. ps yoken comes by email before userid keep an eye on junkfolder
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Can you actually log in to see balance on your account? I have my user name but waiting for activation code, I am dubious about sending large amount by FPS until I can confirm and print out details of balance.

Same here, I never* send more than £10 to a new account by FP or SO until I can see the first payment has arrived or confirmed it by phone banking.

*The only exception has been with The Nottingham who required an initial payment of £1000. With them I sent a smaller payment and then checked when it bounced back.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    I sent £10 by FP - called them and they said it had arrived. Sent another £1000 called again they said it had arrived. Now sent some more.

Still waiting for my username so can't logon as yet or, presumably, withdraw anything.
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    thefirs wrote: »
    I applied successfully on 1 December and sent an opening cheque that cleared on 22nd.

Despite receiving the activation access code, still no username - anyone else experiencing this slow train of administration?
    Me too :sad:

Just to update... I received my username yesterday (03.01.18), I opened the account on 01.12.17.
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Applied 3Dec.

Received my welcome letter with user name, together with an e- mail with access token today But when trying to activate my account advised that there was an error and I should input my latest access token number I have only received one! Then spent 45 mins on hold and by that time I gave up.

I think I may just ditch. my application, as if they can’t get their act together with the application stage can you trust them to run the account satisfactory, presuming I ever manage to log in, A complete shambles of an organisation.
  • retiree
    retiree Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anybody else found it impossible to pay money into this account by direct transfer/faster payments? I have found that Barclays online banking will not accept the sort code 20-97-78 as stated on the BM site. It automatically defaults to 20-97-86 and then indicates that the code is incorrect.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    retiree wrote: »
    Has anybody else found it impossible to pay money into this account by direct transfer/faster payments? I have found that Barclays online banking will not accept the sort code 20-97-78 as stated on the BM site. It automatically defaults to 20-97-86 and then indicates that the code is incorrect.
    It works fine for me with other banks: Metro Bank, Halifax and Virgin Money.

It is a Barclays account held in the Wolverhampton Queen Square branch that BM use to receive the payments. Maybe Barclays are trying to be too clever here?
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Maybe Barclays are trying to be too clever here?

Spot on. The other code is a Barclays Wolverhampton sort code - for Wolverhampton 9, whatever that means within Barclays.

Why the heck didn't BM use a bank within LBG or its predecessor owners?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure