Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    The £1k/month & DDs are only for the £250 switching incentive so no need for them after pocketing the cash. I think there will be many that will then ditch & use as a donor a/c (retaining 2 x Tesco DDs & switching again before April:)).

That's exactly what I said! except I wrote things in a different order!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    That's exactly what I said! except I wrote things in a different order!

Thank you Eric Morecambe :)
  • Johntea
    Johntea Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a letter through the post recently dated 27 October (but only arrived a couple of days ago!) saying 'Just a few more details and we're done' Asking me to verify using a code on the letter.

Does this mean if I go through with this say tomorrow I'm still able to get the switching bonus? I applied but it got stuck and I didn't receive anything, then the offer ended so I thought nothing of it but this has thrown a spanner in the works!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Johntea wrote: »
    I got a letter through the post recently dated 27 October (but only arrived a couple of days ago!) saying 'Just a few more details and we're done' Asking me to verify using a code on the letter.

Does this mean if I go through with this say tomorrow I'm still able to get the switching bonus? I applied but it got stuck and I didn't receive anything, then the offer ended so I thought nothing of it but this has thrown a spanner in the works!

Is this the letter which has in the following order:
    Date
    Your authentication code
    Reference number
    Customer number

and then in much larger print:
    "We need to confirm a few details" ??

I had x3 of these dated Nov 1st because the first letter supposedly sent Oct 26th never materialised. It was because I had failed one of the 5 security questions.

If you phone asap - I don't mean this instance!!- you should be able to switch as there have been delays etc not of your making. If you started the process of opening a new account before the deal was pulled on October 31st they were honouring it.
    However I thought the switch had to go thro' by Nov 17th.
    If you still want the bonus and the switch phone and say so!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • The_weedie
    Options
    On the checklist they say:-
    I've completed the current account switch within 31 days of signing the switch form.

So once you phone up and make the switch you can pick a date within the 31 days.
  • NathanMorgan
    Options
    my switch was completed on 8/11 and I’ve transferred the 1st £1000 today.

Will I need to transfer the 2nd £1000 within 31 days of today or from my switch day date?
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    my switch was completed on 8/11 and I’ve transferred the 1st £1000 today.

Will I need to transfer the 2nd £1000 within 31 days of today or from my switch day date?
    It will have to be after the first 31 days have elapsed, i.e. in the second 31-day period after the switch date. So, count 31 days from the switch date, then make the transfer in the 31 days after that.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • NathanMorgan
    Options
    so do I need to wait 31 days from my switching day (8/11) to transfer the 2nd £1000 which will be 9/12 and I then have 31 days from then to transfer the 2nd £1000, so I have a timeframe between 9/12 to 9/1 to do it?

Also regarding the DD’s, am I right in thinking I just change my bank details from the old to my B account with my finance companies and don’t need to do anything within the B account to set them up?
  • Midland45
    Midland45 Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 November 2017 at 9:03AM
    Options
    so do I need to wait 31 days from my switching day (8/11) to transfer the 2nd £1000 which will be 9/12 and I then have 31 days from then to transfer the 2nd £1000, so I have a timeframe between 9/12 to 9/1 to do it?

Also regarding the DD’s, am I right in thinking I just change my bank details from the old to my B account with my finance companies and don’t need to do anything within the B account to set them up?

Yes for both these points. But do check your DDs show in your Yorkshire account within a few working days.
  • NathanMorgan
    Options
    Midland45 wrote: »
    Yes for both these points. But do check your DDs show in your Yorkshire account within a few working days.

Will a DD payment need to come out first for it to show up in my new B account or will it show up within a few days after setting them up like you said?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure