Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    djpailo wrote: »
    Yup, its been pulled. Well spotted Holmesy999. I notice they still haven't reopened online applications. I'm sorry for repeating this, but I believe this was a ploy to get people to use their B current account product. But £250 was a very good offer, well done to those that will get it.

We did ours the old fashioned way as we've not long got back from abroad and didn't want an app based account, in our local branch this morning whilst going through with the YB advisor at our appointment she informed me the offer was pulled this morning but all for those people who have got appointments the switch offer will be processed - not sure if that's just today or ongoing.

Glad I rang last Saturday to make an appointment!

PS: she also said the offer was original expected to be live for around 6 weeks - slight underestimation there...
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Of course they want you to use their product. They're hardly going to give out £250 for absolutely nothing, are they?

Sigh..let me explain it more...Look at what happened. The offer was originally for all three products. They then suspended online applications, making it very difficult to get the online accounts and only relatively simple to get the b account. So that makes me wonder why they didn't just put the offer out for the b account in the first place - why weren't they so confident of drawing interest for it? It wasn't just a case of "oh here is £250 to use our products" as you think it is. They seem to have held back on returning the online applications to the online accounts so I was curious why.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »
    We did ours the old fashioned way as we've not long got back from abroad and didn't want an app based account, in our local branch this morning whilst going through with the YB advisor at our appointment she informed me the offer was pulled this morning but all for those people who have got appointments the switch offer will be processed - not sure if that's just today or ongoing.

Glad I rang last Saturday to make an appointment!

PS: she also said the offer was original expected to be live for around 6 weeks - slight underestimation there...

Nice :). Yes they have pulled the offer early it seems. I will speculate that it may return albeit at a much smaller switching incentive.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Managed to apply last week and received an email Sunday afternoon saying I'd been successful; received an email this morning telling me what I needed to do to earn the £250.

Sorry to those who've missed out; it's not quite the same amount but MSE have a TSB switching offer for £130*: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#tsbplus

*Worth up to £210 if you pay out two direct debits to two different companies (£5/month) and if you make twenty transactions that's also £5/month.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • WhyohWhy
    WhyohWhy Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hubby's account was open since last week but he's been unable to access it as he's awaiting a authentication code to set up on line. The option to switch wasn't there when he applied so he's being trying to get through to the switching service but they haven't been taking any calls. After a quick panic when we read the offer has been pulled he has just been on the phone and switched straight away and been told the £250 will be paid.

As an aside when I phone the on Sunday and suggested they were going to pull the offer I was told that that wouldn't happen as the deal as only just started...............yeah right!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 October 2017 at 3:03PM
    My only concern at this stage is whether I'll be able to get the £1k back out as I need a security token and although I ordered one, I am not convinced it went through, time will tell.

So are you saying it is possible to pay money into the account, but it is not possible to set up a payment out again without this security token?

Edit: I have just checked their webpages and there is a transaction limit of £500 and a daily limit of £1000. So what's wrong with transferring over £1,000 and transferring it back over 2 days?
  • PhilStation
    PhilStation Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2017 at 3:06PM
    Nicholas wrote: »
    So are you saying it is possible to pay money into the account, but it is not possible to set up a payment out again without this security token?

No, its just not possible to transfer out £1k in one day, not sure what the limit is, I'll be having a look shortly.

Edit: Here we go...

Daily limit per business day* Transaction limit
    Security token holders: £25,000 £25,000
    Non security token holders: £1,000 £500
  • Nicholas wrote: »

Edit: I have just checked their webpages and there is a transaction limit of £500 and a daily limit of £1000. So what's wrong with transferring over £1,000 and transferring it back over 2 days?

Nothing is wrong with it, I just like to keep things simple and wrap it up in one transaction.

That said, looking at this, two £500 transactions in one day shouldn't be an issue.
  • djpailo wrote: »
    From their twitter:

https://twitter.com/yorkshirebank/status/923146082816753665

So much for their 25th October tweets where they stated "The offer should be running for a few weeks" and "The online application will become available again. It's only down while we catch up with the applications.";)
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Just had an email to confirm my switch is going ahead. Shame they've pulled the offer now but it really was too good to be true !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure