Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    ellie14 wrote: »
    I am sure Nellie will get it right ,then you will be off,any good deals to eat in york,someone may know.

Any chance the lager working today ,I could call shortly,thanks.

Well I've never been to York so would be nice even for a quick visit I think our font of knowledge for this would be the much travelled mhoc :rotfl:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Very non mse day today. Like I said the other day, having to get oh and his oxygen tanks, from fen st to belgrave square and back and was asking advise on Uber. Well, got to fen st and couldn't get the Uber app to work, :mad: so had to take a black cab. £24 there and £33 back. :eek::eek: Don't know why more expensive coming back. Most expensive tour of London Ive every had :o
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Well I've never been to York so would be nice even for a quick visit I think our font of knowledge for this would be the much travelled mhoc :rotfl:

Yes I am the font of knowledge re York but its one of those places you need to keep coming back to as its impossible not to fall in love with it

It has all of the chain restaurants but avoid Bella Italia but Groupon and Living social are a good place to look for more interesting eating places.

Accommodation is horribly expensive but if you can think a long while ahead you can get cheaper Travelodge rooms/premier inn rooms mid week and winter but it really does not have a low season now. There are 2 of each in town plus several on the outskirts
    - avoid half terms, all of the summer holidays, December, Food festival weekends, Race weekends, freshers week and any weekend when any type of festival is on.

Accor happy Mondays - if you get lucky you can get Mecure which is just outside York for £40 on a Friday night or Sunday night or Ibis for £25 a night - almost impossible to get a Saturday night. This is good for lst minite breaks as you can only book a week or 2 ahead.
    Hilton - when they have sales you can sometimes get Sunday nights for £80 or so but on the plus side its right opposite Cliffords tower

If you are not fussy the White Horse at Bootham has rooms for £60 a night - no parking and no breakfast but clean, warm and very central, easy walk from the station and fine for an overnight stay.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    Very non mse day today. Like I said the other day, having to get oh and his oxygen tanks, from fen st to belgrave square and back and was asking advise on Uber. Well, got to fen st and couldn't get the Uber app to work, :mad: so had to take a black cab. £24 there and £33 back. :eek::eek: Don't know why more expensive coming back. Most expensive tour of London Ive every had :o

But you got the passport sorted out? At least its a job you dont need to do again for a long time
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Bubbs, I'm glad the funeral is now over for you. x

Well my confession today is £1.50 for a sandwich in MnS when I went to collect my trousers during my break!

In one way I begrudge the waste.

But I was hungry, was out by 8 and couldn't face breakfast beforehand, nor could I face making a packed lunch at 7-ish. Anyway, half of it made a late breakfast and the other half a late lunch. And I have done very well out of MnS this week and last!:rotfl:

It's also my only food spend of today.:T

A bit later on I will make a sandwich for tomorrow.:D

I really miss the Up and Go, meant to get some at T and forgot as they are a good comp. Next time, maybe.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Is your mum up and about again Ellie ?

Poor chap bubbs
    Yes was so so sad, thn he had to go back to hospital about 3pm:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    gocat wrote: »

:eek::eek: thats extortionate how far was that travelling?
    Hope you got on ok x
  • Afternoon

Some thought provoking posts today

Thanks hillbilly and hammpy thought I would risk a delivery today...this was from a 10 o clock delivery but results only just through ,

Corona worked

View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    15 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (4 PINT) £0.95 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Apples (MW550G) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Garlic (EACH) £0.30 £0.35
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.41 N/A
    2x Kingsmill Medium White Bread (800G) £1.50 N/A
    1x Pink 'n' Whites Mallow Wafers (6 PACK) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Easy Peasy Peelers (500G) £0.50 N/A
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.33 £0.36
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (EACH) £0.42 £0.45
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baking Potatoes (2.5KG) £1.70 £2.00
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4PT) £0.95 £1.00
    9x Corona Extra Lager (4X330) £40.50 £15.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £45.15 £20.16
    +£24.99 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).

Was this an order you made today ILTS...I see the offer is not showing on Waities now..Is it still working:)
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    Bubbs, I'm glad the funeral is now over for you. x

Well my confession today is £1.50 for a sandwich in MnS when I went to collect my trousers during my break!

In one way I begrudge the waste.

But I was hungry, was out by 8 and couldn't face breakfast beforehand, nor could I face making a packed lunch at 7-ish. Anyway, half of it made a late breakfast and the other half a late lunch. And I have done very well out of MnS this week and last!:rotfl:

It's also my only food spend of today.:T

A bit later on I will make a sandwich for tomorrow.:D

I really miss the Up and Go, meant to get some at T and forgot as they are a good comp. Next time, maybe.
    Thanks, i still forgot to go m and s , would have been quicker for Di to post me one:rotfl:
    I had a slice of toast this morning as had a nervous upset tummy:o
    Nothing since but have a nice higgy pie from freezer for tea:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure