Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Ts nobody has failed what we have all done, I think, is learned things about ourselves that we may not have realised we did. Don't beat yourself up too much, you noticed that what you bought was unnecessary but you did only spend three quid!! Had it been three dyson Hoover's @£300 each it might be a different matter.
    Hey and we're only two weeks in who knows what else we will discover about ourselves and our shopping habits in the next fortnight.
    If ssm is still in !!!!!! she will have spent all our budgets put together picture rotfl smiley because they have gone AWOL for some reason.

Lejc I don't envy you today. Dd has been in her house a month tomorrow that has flown by, the landlady didnt do anything she said she would so they still have no coals on the fire, the garage door is still broken we've rang the agents who said they would get back to us but haven't. I'm sure she still expects her full rent tomorrow though.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I would rather be cleaning a bathroom, no matter how grubby. :p

Every cupboard/locker has to be emptied and packed away for the season. Lugging heavy boxes about... The awning will have to be scrubbed of leaf mould etc at home and packed away. Not my idea of fun at all. :o

not this bathroom Tiny....it is horrific...genuinely I would post pictures but it really could offend....I have industrial gloves!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone.
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    sHannel wrote: »
    Arbeit macht frei.

Perhaps I am being over sensitive but I am really uncomfortable with that quote.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Advice please

I am looking for a moderate priced red wine as a gift

Can anyone recommend

TIA
    Sorry MrsMac I don't drink red and dh likes any Cabernet sauvignon, the only thing I know is sister's run was mentioned on here the other day and I know he likes that I think it's around £7 ish a bottle.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Ts nobody has failed what we have all done, I think, is learned things about ourselves that we may not have realised we did. Don't beat yourself up too much, you noticed that what you bought was unnecessary but you did only spend three quid!! Had it been three dyson Hoover's @£300 each it might be a different matter.
    Hey and we're only two weeks in who knows what else we will discover about ourselves and our shopping habits in the next fortnight.
    If ssm is still in !!!!!! she will have spent all our budgets put together picture rotfl smiley because they have gone AWOL for some reason.

Lejc I don't envy you today. Dd has been in her house a month tomorrow that has flown by, the landlady didnt do anything she said she would so they still have no coals on the fire, the garage door is still broken we've rang the agents who said they would get back to us but haven't. I'm sure she still expects her full rent tomorrow though.

How did you know I bought 3 dysons at £300 a pop each....???
    my excuse at the time was they were for the rentals.......

get your daughter to write regarding the issues that are still outstanding from check in and ask for a time frame to resolve....its better writing than just mentioning it in passing as it makes them have to acknowledge your query because of a paper trail.....be persistent its what she pays her rent for....although at this stage she does need to pay rather than with hold any to rectify the issues.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC wrote: »
    not this bathroom Tiny....it is horrific...genuinely I would post pictures but it really could offend....I have industrial gloves!

Plenty of bleach should do the trick LEJC...In a bucket with a broom...:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    tbw wrote: »
    Perhaps I am being over sensitive but I am really uncomfortable with that quote.

take it for what it means in english.
    as you know anyway

work sets you free.:)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think the other thing about the October challenge is that it is making us remember the endless years in our lives when money was very tight and we were going from one wage packet to the next - and this is not a negative thing, we should be really grateful and thankful that finally things are a lot better than they were and we are out of the long dark tunnel.

I am in the midst of a very big sort out but I've kept my old budget sheets so I never get complacent and forget - every penny was gone the day after payday and we lived on the overdraft. Thankfully Mr !!!!!! was very kind to us and MOCs paid for about 3/4 of the food bill so there was always food in the house.

I think I would also be very tempted by £3 coffee and cake especially as you are supporting a local business and spending your money in your area and not giving it to a global firm.

I think you just have to build some Fun Money into the budget say maybe £10
    - then there is enough for the occasional splurge with no feelings of regret or misery - coffee and cake once a month, a bag of chips from the chip shop on the way home, a Lindt bar of chocolate to have with a soppy film on a wet cold night, a sausage roll from Greggs ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • tbw wrote: »

Context.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport