Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,661
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Well done on the home renovations front
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,835
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Have to say I am pleased with the house at the moment.
    Only thing still to be done at the moment in the house is the doors need to be varnished.
    Then the fences of doom.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,102
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well done on getting the award - you really deserve it :)

You're doing really well on the house and mortgage front too. I need to get a move on with my house renovation, I keep putting it off - it's hard when you have to do everything on your own.

So pleased to hear you sounding so upbeat xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thats good news on the house front, if varnishing the doors is the main thing needing doing - sounds like its a good place to be at the moment.

As to fences of doom - my man with a van is on my list to call today, yikes ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    SA~~i a;so struggle with the doing everything on my own malarky.
    Worry about the wee wifie on her own getting ripped off.

So bleeping tired I cannot tell you.
    Not feeling at my best.
    I will keep plodding :)
    Much colder here now.
    I hate hate hate being cold.
    Unfortunatly I feel the cold soooo much.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• hi-there-smiley.gif?1292867616

Something to warm you up :)

ONYS24JGS4.jpg

380763aa9937e5f5041a5a54bfdeb240.jpg
  • de73be113ea10dd2cf86a59082df3402.jpg

hi-there-smiley.gif?1292867616

Have a lovely day beanielou and friends xx
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Thank you Upside Down Bear. :)

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Some help please lovely peeps.
    Has anyone seen the wheat things that you can use as instead of a hot water bottle that you hear in the microwave?
    TIA as just not up to traipsing round shops at the mo.

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 October 2016 at 8:40PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Some help please lovely peeps.
    Has anyone seen the wheat things that you can use as instead of a hot water bottle that you hear in the microwave?
    TIA as just not up to traipsing round shops at the mo.
    Hello lovely lady hi-there-smiley.gif?1292867616

Not sure which shops you have where you live but these are the cheapest on Fleabay at the moment:
    £4.75/99 free postage

I'll have a look round the interwebs to see if I can find cheaper. Might be difficult because of postage :think:

ETA
    If you want 4 I found these for £13.89
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport