twitter shadowban

Lots of people are being shadowbanned on twitter recently. Just found by a search that I am too but no idea what it means. Does anyone know? Does it mean all the comps i've done there and retweets are not showing to comp runners? Can't find much info on it but if its messing about with my account i'll close it.

Here's a link to see if you are shadowbanned

http://www.shadowban.de/tester/
August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
:beer::beer::)

Comments

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 September 2017 at 9:29PM
    There was a thread on here a couple of months ago about it.

Here is the thread. It starts off about twitter being locked, but goes on to discuss filtering and shadowbanning.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5675095
  • thanks hun xx
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    think I am too! Never win on twitter but do for RC/gleam comps so who knows.

too many comps..not enough time!
  • Marg2k8
    I found out I was, when I tried the suggestions in the earlier thread, so now tend to follow the advice to spread out tweets more now and whereas in the past, I would happily have retweeted lots of comps for £10 vouchers or a box of chocs, I am now more selective about what I enter.
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Did that help Marg? I don't enter that many follow and rt comps really, but do tweet a lot for RC/gleam comps, so I wonder if it's that that has got me? I think it's happened in the last day or so though, guessing they're having a crackdown!!

Still seem to win on the rafflecopter/gleam comps though, so hoping that continues!

too many comps..not enough time!
  • Marg2k8
    Did that help Marg? I don't enter that many follow and rt comps really, but do tweet a lot for RC/gleam comps, so I wonder if it's that that has got me? I think it's happened in the last day or so though, guessing they're having a crackdown!!

Still seem to win on the rafflecopter/gleam comps though, so hoping that continues!

I'm not really sure, but since then I did actually have a win on the Pringles twitter comp where there were lots of winners. I notice more people now retweeting my tweets etc, so they must be getting more exposure. I guess with R/C, since you put a link to your tweet, they must be able to see it by using the direct link, even if you are shadowbanned, but I don't really know. Likewise with gleam, you are awarded an entry simply by clicking the tweet button.
  • lynwestie
    lynwestie Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2017 at 8:19AM
    Mine seems to be knackered too! funny because my friend mentioned yesterday she wasn't getting notifications of mentions from me but she could see them on my page/her list. It was fine the day before.

Still the same this morning, we've checked

Not sure how long it's been going on. I've still had wins on Twitter but not as many as I was getting. I'd put that down to good luck or not! Not had a raff win in a while though

Seems to be just the notifications though. She can see my replies on the comps. I'm confused.
  • im really !!!!ed off about it specially because twitter couldnt evan be arsed to tell me
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I have sent them a contact about this, Will report back, I have had 2 wins even thou i am shadowban but i have entered last minute on them.
    Jan Wins: .
  • I reported too last night.
    Funnily enough I entered a comp later yesterday that only required a reply & I didn't RT it. I've had a DM today thanking me for entering. I've never been so pleased to get a £5 discount offer.
    That kinda shows that hopefully it's just the notifications going awol but I also entered one that needed a hashtag reply I couldn't see my entry when I searched "latest" for the hashtag.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure