".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    MM wow a new van sounds heaven! How are you feeling?

I booked our jollies for next summer on friday :o we are going Glamping in cornwall!! all the fun of camoing with out having to play car tetris and risking a divorce over how to pitch a tent :rotfl:
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Glamping sounds great. I remember the joys of trying to effect a tent in the pouring rain by the light of car headlights and skinning shins tripping over tent pegs.

Ticking over, think new meds are giving me a teeny bit of energy, was told it could take a while though.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge wrote: »
    Happy birthday Lucky!!:beer::beer:

and a puppy!! wow can't decide if your bonkers or lucky :rotfl:

Bonkers, surely!!

He's only 8 weeks, but hopefully he'll be a good 'body magic' coach in a few weeks after his next jabs Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • stripes
    stripes Posts: 323 Forumite
    Woohoo Mrs Hinge xxx

Hope Missy Hinges school stuff will get sorted soon.

All is well here, as the kids grow older so does my schedule!

Happy days Mrs Hinge :beer:
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello dear friend .......

Found your diary ..... so pleased life is on a more steady course now, still though look forward to hearing about all your achievements and encouraging you in your struggles

DLA :mad::mad:

Happy to share Dead Fly Biscuits and a cuppa any time :p
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • mary_hinge
    edited 13 November 2016 at 9:38PM
    :o creeps in. :wave: *looks sheepish*

Well I blinked and now it is almost half way through November :o I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently! It is a mixture between being busy, not having alot to say and a dodgy laptop charger that gives me anger issues everytime I try to use it :eek:

I am continuing in my battle to balance the books, pay the bills and keep everyone fed and watered. Oh and stock up on xmas pressies in the mix :cool: lots of balls to juggle as usual so it's a good job I'm such a clutzy clown :rotfl:

The weightloss is going well, I am 4st down now since new year and fitter then ever. I'm back working hard in the gym and even found my love for running again! I'm not quite in the place I wanted to be in to reach a milestone goal for the turn of 2017 but I will take it for what it is and aim to get as close as i can in the next 6 weeks!

Missy H is struggling with the colder weather, to be fair we are all feeling a bit "glum" but it has really hit her hard. She continues to be a trooper and fight throught. She recently joined scouts and has found an outlet that she really enjoys that isn't school/chronic pain/eds based!

Superman is flying high! He has found a love for street dance, his new found confidence is huge and it makes my heart swell to watch him grow. School contiue to be amazing and he is making progress!

Master H LOVES school! He to is doing amazingly well and has settled in fantastically! He is working hard at training to be the next spiderman and is chanelling his energies in to his gymnastics lessons rather then diving of the back of my sofa! :rotfl:

Money wise the bills are paid on time, the DMP is ongoing at a really slow rate but still downwards which is a bonus! We are still waiting to hear about when Mr H's inheritence will come through but there is no hurry. Debts aren't going anywhere!

My Barclay card have sold my account on to a DC which is always helpful for later FF settlements, out of all my creditors they have been the worst to deal with so I am pleased in away!

Mr H has been tooing and throwing with one of his creditors on a old account and it appears to be unenforceable...... they are looking to settle at 20% which seems to work for us!

I am back and here to stay (fingers crossed) Laptop permitting :rotfl: so snuggle up on the sofa and lets get the kettle on. Loads to catch up on! How are we all? Stripes the King looking forward to xmas? Plmbl are you getting some "you" time? Bm Lovely to see you in my new abode! Maddie how are you keeping? I hope this cold hasn't had too much of an impact on you!

Mrs H xx
  • Nice to see you Mrs H. Glad all is going well.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    All sounding amazing Mrs H. Especially wonderful to hear of the joyful progress Superman is making!
    Sorry to hear Missy H is struggling but glad she's enjoying everything she can. And Master H sounds just as he should be at his age.
    Take care of you! Congrats on your stupendous weight loss and getting back to the gym. It's what I need to do.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • All sounding fab Mrs H! 4 stone weight loss - blinkin amazing! Have brought sweet mince pies to toast your return, but I'll have to eat yours :o.

My heart sings at the thought of Superman doing Street Dance :T. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mary_hinge
    ........ creeps in :o The last 8 months ......
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

^^^ the line has been drawn!

I have really taken my eye of the ball in regards to the house of Hinge finances. :( bad habits creeping back in and lots of spending for wants rather than needs.

Tomorrow we head off on holiday for the week, I have a tank full of petrol, tesco vouchers for 3 day trips out and enough onsite activity passes to keep each of the little Hinge's busy, teamed with a few beach days and I'm hoping the measley £300 holiday cash I've managed to save will feed us all and keep everyone entertained! I did hope for more savings but everyone has grown so much and in need of new summer gear, even with cheap primarni prices it ate in to the holiday fund!

I have my SC dmp review to do but it can wait until I get home, can't face it right now, balance sitting around £12k which means I'm half way through! :T

The summer holiday rota is all rainbow sharpies and stuck on the fridge ready for Superman to see our plans! Lots of picnics with fellow broke/skint mums trying to entertain their little darlings this summer! The autism support are doing some free day trips, we can make one to the local maize maze :D too expensive for us to go usually so it really is amazing the support the charity offers. I have some more tesco vouchers banked for days out to slot in between the 3 nights camping we have at the local water park with friends.... £34 each family BARGAIN! and very much a new tradition each summer!

Missy Hinge is flying high, she is doing really really well, physically she is much stronger, her pain is much better and she is doing lots of "normal" teenage things. she remains in the top 5 of her acedemic year and really is blossoming in to an amazing yound lady.

Superman really is superman, He has gone from strength to strength at his "new" school and just finished his second year. He has made massive leaps in all his subjects and is *almost age appropriate in his target levels :D His sleep remains ticky but manageable and he is becoming a social butterfly!

Master H has finished his first year at primary school and has really "grown" in to himself. He is a cheeky, mischievious, caring and sensitive little chap. He too is doing amazing with his work and has a gaggle of litle girls flocking around him :smileyhea :rotfl:He is a whizz at gaming and I'm sure he will make his millions that way in time to come!

I am continuing my goal to get fit and healthy, I have recently discovered mountain walking and the pleasure of very sore calf muscles and legs :rotfl:I am currently 4st lighter then when I started my challenge 18months ago with a long way to go.... I'm hoping I find some motivation to continue my journey some time soon!

Big spends coming up with new school uniforms all round, shoes, trainers, pe kits..... bags and lunch boxes are good for some time yet thank fully!

Master H's birthday is all sorted, the party booked and paid for just food and cake to sort, his presents are all bargains bought over the last few months that are getting even trickier to hide in the bottom of my wardrobe :rotfl:

Hope everyone is well, I'm sorry to of abandoned you all, I'm hoping to be more accountable to myself and this is the place to start!

Mrs H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills