IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    =MSE Andrea;65477894]Thank you for your responses everyone.

We've amended two paragraphs in the first post to make our point clearer:

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

It is strange that the complaints have come in the last couple of months, which coincides with the increasing numbers of county court claims which are won on behalf of the motorist with the fantastic support and assistance of forum members and lay reps. You also confirm that the parking industry is "a wild west full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists " so when forum users may mention this, why are their posts and signatures deleted. I refer to Bazsters signature " Scammers and Cowboys" that signature was deleted by the forum team and yet it did not mention any one particular company - so the question still remains - which parking company made the complaints or was it a wider audience such as the BPA or even the IPC?

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them “scammers” or “criminals”. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about ‘is the name-calling fair?’ – so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.

Who says that the posters who make these statements do not have the evidence to back these claims and statements up? It would appear that once again MSE are failing in protecting the innocent consumer who needs all the help in challenging and appealing these charges just because a parking company or companies make a complaint that they do not like the truth or comments being made about them.

In my opinion there is not one parking company that I have seen that operates fairly - that is an opinion based on numerous charges challenged and backed up by seeing the signage and documents these companies rely on.
  • trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Its a Shame you haven't been more direct in answering questions

Exactly what KIFL said!

Its even more annoying that you blatantly refused to answer anyone's concerns until Mr Pranky blogged about it.

Shoot first ask questions later?
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    Andrea

Thanks for being a little more obvious about the issues here.

I act as a Lay rep against any parking company bullying the "little man" and everything I say about a company is backed up by POPLA judgments or court experience.

Can I therefore have an assurance that my posts about parking companies will not be deleted on sight, as appears to have happened recently?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 May 2014 at 4:00PM
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics).

agreed , we have all seen evidence of this

MSE_Andrea wrote: »

However, some firms do also act fairly.

we have seen no evidence of this however , please provide it or do not say it

thank you
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    If you have proof that a company's pre-estimate of loss is fair then we are all interested in this. The fact is every single one of them have lost at popla with this wording, and none of them can prove their loss. Most now don't even bother sending in anything in response to strong forum assisted appeals.

So I am sorry Andrea, as far as I can see none of them act fairly!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • The Daily Mail seems to be using language at odds with the ethos of this thread, is it still okay to post the links ?
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • I had cause to come into contact with Parkingeye. Charged for parking on a company car park which is specified, yet is shared by another company who does not operate a parking system. They did send 2-3 demands for money and proceeded to take me to the small claims court. As they are based in one town I would have thought reasonable they use that court - or even the appropriate court in the town where "offence" took place no. Placed it nearly 200 miles away.
    Only when I contacted the court did it become clear the courts cant process if more than one name is on the log book.
    Heard nothing more since.
    This week extra payment
    Total paid
    Total paid 2013 - 1963.83:) Total paid 2014 - 7443.00:j
    Total paid in 2015 - £310
    May'15 o/d 0% 1600. B/C 3060 0% :o Car loan 3632 till June 2016
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2014 at 12:55AM
    I had cause to come into contact with Parkingeye. Charged for parking on a company car park which is specified, yet is shared by another company who does not operate a parking system. They did send 2-3 demands for money and proceeded to take me to the small claims court. As they are based in one town I would have thought reasonable they use that court - or even the appropriate court in the town where "offence" took place no. Placed it nearly 200 miles away.
    Only when I contacted the court did it become clear the courts cant process if more than one name is on the log book.
    Heard nothing more since.
    What do you mean 'the courts cant process if more than one name is on the log book'. Yes - a claim can be made against a registered keeper(s) or driver...it depends whose name was on the court claim form. That can even be a company (such as a lease hire firm) so does not have to be an individual.

I am worried you haven't researched this and the above makes no sense to me (I hope for your sake you haven't missed defending this!). Northampton isn't where the case would have been heard - Northampton is merely the central processing point for MCOL claims. If you had defended it, the case would later have been moved to your local court. This is all covered in the ''Private parking ticket, NEWBIES read these FAQS first' sticky thread post #5 - which is all about how to defend a PPC small claim.

I hope for your sake the claim was actually withdrawn and that PE didn't just get a CCJ you are unaware of. If you didn't send a defence then I would check your credit file to be sure you didn't lose by default.

You do realise you should not have ignored it - should have appealed and won at POPLA? (next time).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Has anyone heard of this before please. I have appealed a PCN issued by the council for overstaying by 10 minutes i.e 1 hour and 10 mins.
    What actually happened (in brief) is that I made two journeys within that time as I had to make a trip over to the other side of town to take a relative to the Megabus, and then went back and parked again. I explained this and enclosed the Megabus reservation.
    They wrote back and said "they would not allow the appeal as the CEO recorded my tyre-valve positions and the time, Later when the period you were allowed to park for had run out, the CEO returned and re-checked your tyre-valve positions. Their positions had not changed which meant that your vehicle had not moved but had remained parked for longer than the period allowed"
    That is impossible as I had moved the car and returned, how can the CEO say that they had checked the tyre-valve positions. I was sent no photographic evidence.
    Would appreciate any comments.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate).

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport