CRA and Credit Agreements

Hi - I am new to the forums. I have checked through many of the threads and cannot see and answer that I am looking for! As MSE suggests I checked my credit rating with Experian. My rating is good and most things excellent, but when I look at credit agreements it shows all of them attached to my previous address and not the present one which is totally incorrect and would, I fear, give a false representation of my information. Experian say I must contact all the companies telling them to update my information with the agencies. I have spoken to a couple of companies who tell me that they have updated my address with all agencies. However as the agreements were taken out when I was at my previous address and were not new agreements they would still be shown attached to my previous address and not my present one. Sorry this is very long winded! Should I put a notice of correction on the agencies details? Please help!

Comments

• Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If the credit agreements are settled they will stay at your old address, but if they are still open they should be updated. If any do need updating and you're getting no joy with the lenders in question simply raise an online Experian dispute and we'll take the matter up for you.

James
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport