PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Comments

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy Easter Candlelight x

We're off for 10 days now :)

Productive day today, now sat here listening to music and got a fire going properly for the first time since we moved in :D
  • Try not to work too hard Kate on your days off.

Enjoy the fire, I don't know what your weather is like but our's is awful.

Have a good weekend

Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello all..what a grey day today..

Candlelight..nope no babies yet..her contractions stopped and she is bed bound again..i am hoping to see her before Tuesday..she is very nervous and a little worried too..they told her she can go home two days after having the girls..i really think thats too early for her..she will be an emotional wreck having to leave her tiny babies..plus having a section is no easy thing to deal with..thank you for praying for her and the little ones..i hope you have a lovely time over Easter..hugs to Flora..

MLW..o we were so pleased you liked our little parcel..we loved doing the tagxedo..they are so much fun to do..they were so happy to read you are going to frame it..we have one with all our names on it..and i am going to do one for the twins bedroom..o and one for the girls room when i have decorated it..have a lovely Easter..love to you all and hugs to docky..o how is Olaf doing now?

SM..o you are more than welcome..we are pleased it brightened up your day..the stamps are absolutely amazing..we love the rabbit one..o i bet your bathroom will look beautiful when its done..lol at the Meccano staging..Simon and Sam made some extra staging this week for our greenhouse..it small so it sits on top of the other staging..it looks good..we have seeds planted and nearly all of them have popped through the compost..i hope you get your project finished soon and then you can relax a bit more..

Kate hi ya..how is your house going?

Well today i did not a lot lol..i had visitors this morning , my daughter Fionna and her littles...we exchanged eggs and cards..was nice to see them all..
    I did a mega pile of ironing and made a list of little jobs to do whilst we are not schooling..the girls can help me with some of them..

I am currently shattered and going to have a cuppa..then bed
    I hope you all have a great weekend and don't eat too much choclate..
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • Happy Easter to all of you too! Nell and I have been busy today as we have been putting up a display in her classroom and also just come back from the Cathedral where there was a concert by the Cathedral choir including the tiny choristers which was Bachs St.John Passion, a very apt piece of music for Good Friday. It was nice for Nell to be able to sit and listen as she's usually singing!

FTM glad all is well with Annie currently, trying times for her and all of you which you'll look back on when the twins are older and hopefully not find too harrowing. She's in the best place for good outcomes pet isn't she?

Olaf is doing just fine, he's eating well but we're still giving him one good meal of his support food each day and he has started to fill out a bit which is super. Pushkin misses him though and sometimes just sits looking forlornely into the empty cage, awwwww!
  • Hello everyone Happy Easter Day hope you all have a lovely one. DD and I have been busy and sorted the house from top to bottom, done the ironing and put it away, been into the garden and harvested the first rhubarb and some smashing big parsnips and some lovely fresh herbs. Have discovered three new clumps of violets that have established themselves between cracks in the crazy paving and found that the pear tree is covered with blossom buds just beginning to open. We're going for a nice walk after lunch as it's mild enough outside to be without a coat and then home for slow cooked lamb stew and our harvested goodies.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2015 at 8:41PM
    I hope you all had a very Happy Easter and enjoyed the good weather. It was miserable here on Friday however the last three days have started foggy before turning to sunshine in the afternoon. I've been pruning furiously and the lawns got their first haircut of the year so the garden looks much tidier now.

I've sown up the 7 little compartments in the electric propogater and its on the kitchen window sill for me to peer at daily. I am such an impatient gardener!

I made an Easter cake on Saturday. Chocolate sponge sandwiched with caramel frosting and white and milk chocolate Cadbury fingers all round to look like a fence. I then coloured some butter icing green and piped on top to look like grass and topped off with some mini Malteser bunnies - but of a cheat on the decorating front however it looked fab and went down a storm. Gone in no time!

The bathroom fitters are still in situ, some tiling today so I see progress at long last. I seem to remember though that this is where it slows to a crawl. I hope the layers of dust slow sometime soon too.:rotfl:

No business trips this week as the flight prices were very high so I have three days in the office and will work from home on Friday. Will give me a chance to catch up with my mending.

We had a bit of a windfall last week by way of a friend who called to say she had some fruit and veggies from a market stall which was closing and needed to share them out. I was delighted to receive two half sacks of potatoes, a box of Golden delicious apples, half a box of clementines and half a box of pears and an assortment of dried things like lentils and soup mix. I made up bags to share with friends and family as we couldn't possible use them all. I've frozen lots of the apples and will use the rest over the coming weeks. Some of the potatoes are fine and we will use. Some are sprouting badly but hubby says we can use them as seed for this years crop. Waste not, want not in this house!

We made a start on building the greenhouse staging yesterday however............ In my neat freak fashion I had emptied the boxes and burnt the packaging. I'm so, so tidy:) I'm so tidy though that I had also consigned the assembly instructions to the bonfire:eek:
    So we thought it would be fairly simple and we would make a start. Three attempts later and much assembly, disassembly and assembly I accepted that I will have to ring the supplier tomorrow and ask nicely for another set of instructions. You ca imagine how thrilled my other half is!

I'm off now to have a cuppa and read my "grow your own" gardening magazine which my sister kindly gave me a subscription to at Christmas. It's nice to have something come in the past each month and so far I've had 6 packets of free seeds with the first two months magazines which was a real bonus.

Candlelight- the interlopers are 6 less in number now however they seemed to have brought in the cavalry. There are a further 3 very nearby who will also need to be "dealt with". The certainly is no shortage of them up here!
    Enjoy the remains of the holiday weekend all.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning all..

Annie has gone up to theatre..will post as soon as i know whats going on..
    ftm

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fingers crossed FTM, thinking of you x
  • Am thinking of you all FTM, fingers crossed

Much love

Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    :j:j..Hi all finally the girls are here..
    Esme Louise Davies born at 10.15..weight 3lb 15oz..
    Olivia Marie Davies born at 10.18..weight 3lb 12oz..
    both babies doing very well..
    Mummy is doing great and in love.
    will update more as i hear..
    ftm

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income