eBay GSP - Which continents/countries do you exclude?

Just wondering, especially the regular eBay sellers selling overseas, which continents or countries do you exclude?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ANNA wrote: »
    Just wondering, especially the regular eBay sellers selling overseas, which continents or countries do you exclude?

For GSP I don't exclude any as I don't need to worry about INR claims. I've just sold something to Italy this week (although they haven't paid yet) and Italy is a country I wouldn't normally send to.

I'm actually getting a lot of GSP orders now, al over the world, when I get an order I always check the feedback page to see where it is going to end up.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ANNA
    ANNA Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have some small and lightweight items to sell, so I'm going to give GSP a try.
  • soolin
    I have some small and lightweight items to sell, so I'm going to give GSP a try.
    I tend to keep GSP for bulkier items due to costs for the buyer, most of my smaller items tend to go Internationally with my own airmail post. If posting things myself I do block Italy , Africa and a few other selected countries.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ANNA
    edited 15 July 2017 at 7:37PM
    Is that Airmail tracked or are they under £20?

I am selling off my old postcards collection, listing them singly.
  • soolin
    Is that Airmail tracked or are they under £20?

I am selling off my old postcards collection, listing them singly.

Anything under £20 goes standard mail for me, both in the UK and overseas.
  • ANNA
    I have this list under "Exclude postage locations" which appear on every draft listing and I'm sure it wasn't me who populated this list:

Excluded locations:
    Africa, Central America and Caribbean, South America, Ukraine, Russian Federation, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Maldives, Georgia, Armenia, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, India, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Azerbaijan Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, China, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Brunei Darussalam, Taiwan, Guam, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Niue, Palau, Fiji, French Polynesia, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Western Samoa, Nauru, New Caledonia, Kiribati, American Samoa, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Mexico
  • soolin
    I have this list under "Exclude postage locations" which appear on every draft listing and I'm sure it wasn't me who populated this list:

Excluded locations:
    Africa, Central America and Caribbean, South America, Ukraine, Russian Federation, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Maldives, Georgia, Armenia, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, India, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Azerbaijan Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, China, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Brunei Darussalam, Taiwan, Guam, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Niue, Palau, Fiji, French Polynesia, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Western Samoa, Nauru, New Caledonia, Kiribati, American Samoa, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Mexico

It was populated from your seller preferences so you've done something at some point. The default, as many have found to their cost, is for eBay to allow anyone to bid.

You can amend where you want to post by going back into seller preferences , that shows regions/continents and if you want to allow some countries and disallow others within a region you can click to,open a list of all the countries within the continent.
  • ANNA
    I must have done it a while ago, as I can't recall it.

But it seems like a sensible list to me, except perhaps I would now allow Israel and Singapore....

What about nouveau riche buyers in Russa? Am I missing out on buyers there?
  • soolin
    I must have done it a while ago, as I can't recall it.

But it seems like a sensible list to me, except perhaps I would now allow Israel and Singapore....

What about nouveau riche buyers in Russa? Am I missing out on buyers there?

I have blocked Russia as they have custom issues and if stuff does get through it takes ages, and INR cases are opened and lost while waiting for customs to clear items. RUssia is also one of the only countries that eBay place warnings about due to this well known customs issue.

I have sold to Russia recently but only through the GSP system as all I need to do is get it to the eBay hub.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure