If I close Credit Card will it clear from Experian quicker?

I've just paid off all of my credit cards in order to get a mortgage but they are still showing on my Experian report and the timescales to clear do not fit in with the urgency of our chain. Does anyone know if they will be removed quicker if we close the credit card account completely or will it make no difference? Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    No difference.
  • Gabby1234
    Gabby1234 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply - Had a feeling I was clutching at straws!
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Offer to send the mortgage company your bank statement, paying off the cards.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    When you say that the cards are still showing what exactly do you mean - the accounts themselves or the balances?
    The accounts will continue to show as active accounts for as long as they are open and then for a further 6 years as closed accounts after you close them. But you want the accounts to show; if they were to disappear it would look as if you had never ever had any credit; not good at all.
    If you are asking about the balances, you will have to wait for the next update. You will be able to see when each account was last updated. You can reasonably expect the next update with the new balance approximately one month after the previous update.
  • sonstream
    sonstream Posts: 133
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gabby1234 wrote: »
    I've just paid off all of my credit cards in order to get a mortgage but they are still showing on my Experian report and the timescales to clear do not fit in with the urgency of our chain. Does anyone know if they will be removed quicker if we close the credit card account completely or will it make no difference? Thanks.

speak to the creditcard provider explain the position you are in re mortgage and ask them nicely if they can update your balance before the next monthly update
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    sonstream wrote: »
    speak to the creditcard provider explain the position you are in re mortgage and ask them nicely if they can update your balance before the next monthly update

they wont do that as its done by their systems periodically every 30 days or there abouts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure