Make £10 a day January 2017 - everybody most welcome to join in

1343536373840»

Comments

• Just a little to add to my final total for this month.

£16.90 tips

£5 swagbucks added to paypal rather than amazon which gave me enough to upgrade to ultimate on Clixsense again. :j

With my amazon vouchers, I have been stocking up on non perishables hoping to cut my "real money" grocery spend.

Since mid Dec last year I have stocked up on toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, Heinz tomato ketchup, Dove soap, fabric conditioner and Yorkshire tea bags.

Have another £20 in amazon now so will go and have a look at washing up liquid.

With a combination of not having to buy these things with my weekly shop and my eldest having moved out into his own house.....our shopping bill is gradually dropping and the funds moved towards our May holiday fund. :D

January total £215.84
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Well done, Kantankrus:beer:

I've never thought of Amazon for household essentials. I get lots of Amazon vouchers from various places and usually [STRIKE]spend them[/STRIKE] fritter them away on books (my addiction:o)

Anything that ekes out the shopping budget and keeps my book buying in check can't be bad;). Will check on what Amazon has to offer when I get a mo. Thanks very much for mentioning it:T

Here's to a successful February:beer:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 February 2017 at 12:46PM
    Seems to work for me........the trick is to also only order if it goes over the £20 mark for free delivery unless you have prime of course.

And with your book habit, Im sure you could always find something to just take it over to qualify ;)

Btw.......I also love books but my library membership gives me my kick for free..(except when I have to pay a fine for late return)
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 1 February 2017 at 1:19PM
    Great to meet another booklover on here:T. Lynne loves reading too:j

Sadly, my local library closed down:mad: and the next nearest is 16 miles away so I rarely go. The mobile library is a godsend and it's so useful to be able to order anything that's in the county catalogue and get it delivered on the library van when they eventually get it. Unfortunately for me the mobile library only visits our village once a month (for 20 minutes) and it's on a Saturday morning when I'm usually doing a tabletop sale somewhere. OH is capable (just about:rotfl:) of returning books or picking up orders but he's absolutely clueless about choosing anything for me off the shelves. Some of the rubbish he's brought home in the past defies belief:eek:

At least with books that I buy I treat them very carefully and often manage to sell them on afterwards through Amazon. I may lose something on my original purchase price but I often got them for nothing in the first place (well, through earned vouchers anyway) and have had the pleasure of reading them. Win-win I suppose:j. I also buy secondhand when I can.
  • Bit late but just updating with a final Jan sale of £5.85, giving me a total of £241.24

Quite happy with that. Well done to everyone else! January is a low enthusiasm month, so good on everyone for all you achieved!! :-)
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
  • I have just been adding up my money from January and although I didn't meet my target, every little helps.

JANUARY TOTAL £387.76 (only £12.24 short of target)
  • Talia1
    Talia1 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi All

It's been one heck of a month, lots going on, will update in February as i haven't joined yet, next job on the list.

January came in at £591.46, smashed it this month, due to a tax rebate, surveys, ebay and MS.

Good luck everyone for February :T

PAD challenge 2024 £5363.54/£4180 to pay

• Congratulations Surfchik, MinnieMousesMummy and Talia:T:j:beer:

I hope lots of other people are still visiting the January thread and have seen your achievements.

Here's to a successful February for us all:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport