Am I being Mislead as well as Missold

2»

Comments

• I wasnt going to reply to this,because of what we do, but I have just noticed that the original advisers were a pertnership. Generally speaking, partners were 'jointly and severally liable' for the debts liabilities etc of their firm. Continue to pursue the adviser responsible. The chances are that the FSCS will bounce you back to them anyway because they were a partnership and therefore may bear personal financial responsibility for their advice
  • Sargey_2
    Sargey_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thank you for your help. This time last weak I didn't have anywhere to turn, but now I think I have more options to try. The one things that comes across to me is how bigs organisations will try and dismiss you if you don't have the support. Does anyone think I should now go back to the place that sold me the policy even though she is now on her own and tell her what I plan to do, especially if she is still getting money for my policy from her old busines.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Yes - Ask for a letter either confirming they accept responsibility or not.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • Sargey_2
    Sargey_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have so much (good) advice coming my way now from this site that it is a little confusing. My gut reaction to my situation is a little basic, but here goes. If she is still earning money out of me.... she should still pay up. Her partner is gone, so it cannot be wrong to ask her to sort things out. After all, where is my money going......only she is benefiting from it. This is horrible. I don't want blame, all I want is a fair result.
  • Lodge a formal complaint, at least this will flush out the exact position of the advising company at the time of sale then you can eiher take matters up with the Ombudsman or Financial services compensation scheme if possible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure