The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• Pelepeg
    Pelepeg Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jwil wrote: »
    My exercise equipment isn't selling, so I've asked DH to investigate whether one of the charities will take it instead. I should have sold it in January!

Hey Jwil.
    Try again! Now that everyone has eaten their Easter Eggs and the prospect of summer bodies loom, you may well be in luck!

I have been busy surveying and cashing out. Decided to lower the £50 limit and just do it as and when I can so as to pay down the highest CC. Also have things that have been building up over several years, as and when, which I've now cashed out due to Shopitize going t*ts up!

So I have:
    TCB £184.39
    Quidco £46.77
    Surveys £20.55

Total £251.71, which when all credited, will go towards the most expensive £621.43 debt on a card (have another several thousand on that card and another, but all at a lower interest rate.)

Am also due a rebate on Council Tax of over £1k. Very tempted to put half of this in a holiday fund. Need the other half to buy my daughter a new tablet for school. Actually, the holiday fund bit will probably go on her school uniform. :( Ah well, in on one hand and out on the other. At least it's coming in first.

Foot is healing well and I'm out of cast now. Got a boot on for another four weeks whilst I learn to walk again, then can start on the boot sale circuit. Clear out some of the rubbish currently stored under dd's bed!! Never know, may well clear enough space for her desk!

I see your de-cluttering is going well. And having a break over the holiday was most likely needed for you all.

Keep going. You're doing so well.
    :T:T:T:T
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi

Delurking to say someone else had a bank do a similar thing and when they complained they got a £100 - could be worth a letter saying how distressed it made you!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Pelepeg wrote: »
    Hey Jwil.
    Try again! Now that everyone has eaten their Easter Eggs and the prospect of summer bodies loom, you may well be in luck!

I have been busy surveying and cashing out. Decided to lower the £50 limit and just do it as and when I can so as to pay down the highest CC. Also have things that have been building up over several years, as and when, which I've now cashed out due to Shopitize going t*ts up!

So I have:
    TCB £184.39
    Quidco £46.77
    Surveys £20.55

Total £251.71, which when all credited, will go towards the most expensive £621.43 debt on a card (have another several thousand on that card and another, but all at a lower interest rate.)

Am also due a rebate on Council Tax of over £1k. Very tempted to put half of this in a holiday fund. Need the other half to buy my daughter a new tablet for school. Actually, the holiday fund bit will probably go on her school uniform. :( Ah well, in on one hand and out on the other. At least it's coming in first.

Foot is healing well and I'm out of cast now. Got a boot on for another four weeks whilst I learn to walk again, then can start on the boot sale circuit. Clear out some of the rubbish currently stored under dd's bed!! Never know, may well clear enough space for her desk!

I see your de-cluttering is going well. And having a break over the holiday was most likely needed for you all.

Keep going. You're doing so well.
    :T:T:T:T

Thanks pelepeg :) I've got it on still and will give it a month and review. Ooh, just looked, it's got a lot of watchers now so fingers crossed!

I think it's always a good idea to cash in 'free' money as soon as you can, just in case! Nice amount coming to you, and woo hoo for the CTAX rebate too! It's always so annoying when it has to go straight back out again isn't it.

Glad the foot is healing well, hopefully not too long til the boot is off!
    jvr wrote: »
    Hi

Delurking to say someone else had a bank do a similar thing and when they complained they got a £100 - could be worth a letter saying how distressed it made you!

:wave: thanks for delurking jvr, and thank you! Good idea, I shall dust off my complaint gloves! It certainly did distress me
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Do you know, I sat down and worked out yesterday what was going out this month. I calculated that for the first time in months, my income would be enough to cover all the bills :T I was so happy.

Then today the car wouldn't start again :mad: so it's back at the garage for the starting motor. I'm annoyed, but it's not quite so dire as it has been recently.

Lots of sales recently so that is good. Another bank holiday weekend this weekend, so hoping to sell at 2 car boots subject to weather.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Decluttering:

150. bag
    151. calendar
    152. Etch a sketch
    153. trainers
    154. 2 x pairs shoes
    155. toy
    156. Plug socket cover
    157. Document wallet
    158. 3 x file folders
    159. binder covers
    160. paperwork
    161. pair trousers
    162. tea cards
    163. 3 x tubes superglue
    164. 2 x pairs socks
    165. 3 x folders
    166. bundles of college work
    167. greetings cards
    168. Stepper
    169. Bundle of soft toys
    170. Calendar 1999(!)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    So my end of month update:

Total debt: [STRIKE]£34,229[/STRIKE]/£33,941 = 0.84% paid
    Savings target: [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£45 = 0.23% reached

Slowly but surely...
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Decluttering:
    Books: 247
    Magazines/papers: 38
    Ebay parcels: 686
    Other: 170

Total: 1092

Ebay listings: 849

Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £83.35
    Paypal/cash: £64.39
    Other vouchers:
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I redeemed £48 in amazon vouchers last week, and spent them all on packaging! :eek:

At least I didn't have to use too much 'real' cash.
  • You're doing well. I'm pleased to see that you've managed to have started a savings pot. :T

I eventually got a letter from BG explaining the £80 credit in my bank. They had got the gist of my complaint so wrong that i complained again. Thank you BG for another £50. While on a roll I ordered my D-i-L some flowers from N*xt. They arrived Friday, half were dead by Saturday and the rest by Sunday. Another complaint and today upgraded flowers and box of chocolates were delivered. :money::money:

It pays to complain :D
  • jwil
    Forumite
    You're doing well. I'm pleased to see that you've managed to have started a savings pot. :T

I eventually got a letter from BG explaining the £80 credit in my bank. They had got the gist of my complaint so wrong that i complained again. Thank you BG for another £50. While on a roll I ordered my D-i-L some flowers from N*xt. They arrived Friday, half were dead by Saturday and the rest by Sunday. Another complaint and today upgraded flowers and box of chocolates were delivered. :money::money:

It pays to complain :D

Thanks retired, and good complaining! That's a great result :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills