Quote me Happy car insurance

Hi

My car insurance is due soon , so looking around for cover , the best quote is from a company called "Quote me Happy" , looks liks its part of Aviva Insurance

Any one had any experience of Quote me Happy ?

Thanks

Comments

• adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Well i've been with aviva for over 2 years trouble free so can't see how Quote Me happy would be any if much different :)
  • vickssinex
    vickssinex Posts: 173
    First Post
    Forumite
    They came out cheapest for me too - and £45 cashback through Quidco on top!

I've just sent them proof of my no claims so it's a bit too early to judge them. They replied promptly to my emails though.

I think the main issue with them is that you can't phone them - it's email contact only. Will have to see how it goes.
  • adamc260
    Online only company. If you want phone contact just go with Aviva itself.
  • meat_n2_reg
    meat_n2_reg Posts: 284
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had not tried Aviva and its even cheaper than quote me happy ... result

That's the car insurance sorted , just need to sort the motorbike insurance now ..................

I hate comparing insurance quotes , but its got to be done

Cheers
  • adamc260
    I had not tried Aviva and its even cheaper than quote me happy ... result

That's the car insurance sorted , just need to sort the motorbike insurance now ..................

I hate comparing insurance quotes , but its got to be done

Cheers

Make sure you check the cashback websites too... Aviva were doing £50 cashback I believe for car Insurance (may of ended now)
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Havent been with Aviva for a long time, wasnt even called Aviva back then. They were generally ok but still very localised back then and so if you called out of hours for your local office or got through to the wrong office they were limited in what they could do and at times couldnt even find your policy. I would hope after all these years though their IT system has been more centralised.

There were people on here that were complaining about the new venture and issues with the website/ payments but that was right at the beginning and some teething problems are to be expected even with the best tested site. Its been quiet for a few months so I guess they have fixed most those issues. Would make me a little nervous for year 1 renewals but if you buy now again you'll have the early adopters having to bear most the pain before it gets to you.
  • :( We took out a policy with quotemehappy.com for my wife's MX-5 this time last year. They emailed on 17.11.12 to say it was time to renew the policy. However, we got a much better quote from Saga. Even though we NEVER agree to auto-renewal, I noticed that their email said that they had put us on to auto-renew "to make things easier" so I logged on to their site and ensured that we were not on auto-renewal so that the policy would lapse automatically. Indeed, we got an email today (14.12.12) at 8.54 am providing us with our proof of NCD and a further email at 9.02 am confirming that our policy with had expired. So we were furious to get a further email at 11.13am to say that they've now renewed our policy - which is simply NOT TRUE :mad:. Worse still, when I rang our credit company, they confirmed that quotemehappy.com have applied for payment of £284. This is simply tantamount to theft and worse still, there are no telephone numbers you can call to complain.
    So my advice is, unless you want to be extremely UNHAPPY, don't EVER use quotemehappy.com. You have been warned!
  • ZERO customer care, no contact number to discuss the extremely annoying automated emails. Uploaded several times my proof of no claims, that clearly states my name and years of no claim bonus, the layout of my no claims statement does not, it appears, to suit the Quote Me Happy fixed layout, they cancelled my insurance, THEY CANCELLED MY INSURANCE BUT DID NOT INFORM ME FOR 5 DAYS, leaving me uninsured for this period of time! Interestingly my previous insurer was Aviva, whom I am of the understanding control Quote me Happy!! VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!
  • I have to concur with what most people who have actually had to deal with them are saying; they are awful, truly awful. Their costumer service and ability to resolve problems is non-existent, they say they are an email only company but you don't even get one of these!

Pay the little bit extra and go elsewhere is my advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure