Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017

Comments

• May100
    May100 Posts: 117 Forumite
    I was interested in the grades for Lisburn schools too. This years hasn't been published. However last 2 years for Friends you needed 110+ if not a sibling or prep pupil. Wallace was 106+ I know someone who got into Wallace with 104 who had been on waiting list but they joined around half terms when another child moved to a different school. The Lisburn schools require pretty high grades and attract kids from a wide catchment area.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lowest scores admitted tend to go up and down with the number of applications (for obvious reasons). If a school gets a consistently high number of applicants from year to year, then it should see similar lowest scores.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a read at Previous Thread about AQE/GL Parents may have posted the Scores on there and if you ring the School they will tell you .
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • Carebear82
    Carebear82 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Hi everyone just new to group. My daughter is doing AQE in nov and i feel so stressed about the whole.process. my daughter is doing 2 transfer tests a week but only getting very odd 80s and mainly mid 70's and doesn't seem to be improving! I'm hoping she will start to move up to 80s by October! The grammar school she wants to go to she really needs above 106 and the other grammar school takes 101 but if she doesn't improve her scores she hasn't a chance!
  • Flashfriend
    Flashfriend Posts: 152 Forumite
    Carebear82 wrote: »
    Hi everyone just new to group. My daughter is doing AQE in nov and i feel so stressed about the whole.process. my daughter is doing 2 transfer tests a week but only getting very odd 80s and mainly mid 70's and doesn't seem to be improving! I'm hoping she will start to move up to 80s by October! The grammar school she wants to go to she really needs above 106 and the other grammar school takes 101 but if she doesn't improve her scores she hasn't a chance!
    I was in exactly the same position this time last year! I know it's stressful but my advice is to copy out the questions she keep getting wrong and practice them - well for maths anyway. English I found harder to practice - you just have to keep doing the comprehensions! Do a few of these questions everyday for 15mins as well as the 2 papers a week. Repetition helps!
  • I'm glad to hear someone is having a similar time to us. My son has gone backwards. Was scoring 85-90% now high 70s. Silly, very frustrating mistakes in maths but he is really struggling with the English. I'm totally sick of the whole thing already!
  • Flashfriend
    I'm glad to hear someone is having a similar time to us. My son has gone backwards. Was scoring 85-90% now high 70s. Silly, very frustrating mistakes in maths but he is really struggling with the English. I'm totally sick of the whole thing already!
    I looked back at scores and my DD only hit the high 80s and low 90's in mid-October. Don't panic!! It's hard to get motivated during the summer and then marks drop in September before climbing again in October!
  • Carebear82
    Thanks think I will spend Sundays going over ones she gets wrong and giving similar questions but 9/10 it's silly mistakes -I so want her to pass cause I know how much she wants it and I'm trying to do everything in my power to give her skills to do so. So 2 tests a week and a revision day to work through follow up questions-any other tips?
  • Flashfriend
    I used to give my DD £5 if she got over 80% and £10 if she got over 90% in the past papers they did in school starting from September p7! I think this gave her motivation. It is a very stressful time and I'm not looking forward to having to do it all again next year��
  • Carebear82
    See the transfertest.com tests r they the same as the CEA test booklets yellow,red and green ones from easons??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure