PCN: Urban Clearway - should I challenge?

Hi,

I got a PCN for parking on an urban clearway recently. I've checked the location where I've parked and looking one way down the street, the sign was facing in the opposite direction - hence why I didn't see it. When driving up past it, it was located a busy set of traffic lights and had some large commerical for sale signs around it in a similar colour which made it not stand out. I was more concerned with watching the lights, traffic and pedestrians that I did not see it at that time.
Looking up the street, the sign was quite far away and not located in the 'block' where I had parked. This sign was partially obscured by a bush and from my location was not visible. There were no road markings either which would have caused concern.

I am thinking of challenging this, because it of the lack of clarity/visibility of the signs (and the positioning of one of them).

Have you folk had much success in challenging these fines?

Comments

• Heisenbug
    Heisenbug Posts: 35 Forumite
    Urban clearways are marked at the start, end and if long enough at 400m intervals and any access roads. They aren't marked on the road and are normally on commuter roads at rush hours.

I can't see a challenge being successful as you've said that it was visible but you didn't see it. It doesn't have to be visible from where you park as long as the one entering the road was visible you won't have a case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure